Non Imm O

I have a friend living in Phuket on a Non Imm O visa (retirement). He is also married to a Thai. He was wondering if he could switch his visa to a spouse visa, and what amount of monthly income would preclude him from making 90 day visa runs?

Separate subject. I have heard that on a B visa with a monthly income of Bt 50,000 you don't need to make visa runs? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Richard

Retired he can use 800k in bank, 65k pension, or a combination to meet requirement and stamp/approval is immediate.

For spouse he will need 40k pension income and will have to apply with wife and wait for approval.

For extension of work visa will require extension company paperwork and income requirement varies by nationality. Believe 50k is about the max requirement now however. To take advantage of this you visit immigration and fill out a TM.7 extension of stay request, pay the 1,900 baht and present your documents. I do advise using a legal office, such as sponsor, for this as there are a number of papers required and they should be able to get it all together and be very cost effective.