Savannakhet B Visa: Recent Experiences Requested and Police Certificate

Hi, all.

I'll be going to get a B visa through a school and was wondering if I could canvass for RECENT (past month or so) experiences in Savannakhet re: the police clearance certificate.

Another teacher at the same school got his visa through Savannakhet sometime last year coz he didn't want to hassle with a Bangkok trip and suggested I do the same.

To recap, I'm looking to hear anyone's experiences about needing a police clearance certificate:

- at the Savannakhet embassy

- for a non-B (K-12) teaching visa

- in the past month or two (there are TV threads from last year saying it was no problem, but that's a long time, given the tensions in this country recently)

The police certificate I have is expired, so if I don't go to Savannakhet, I would need to go to Bangkok and get a new one--which is fine--but that brings me to my next problem:

For the usual Royal Thai Police site that everyone posts "helpful" links to  ( http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/ ), Google Chrome puts up a big red warning page stating the webpage contains MALWARE.  This wasn't the case a couple years ago when I did my last certificate.  As things change quickly and arbitrarily, if anyone has an updated link or info, I would be grateful.  Like I said, I did this maybe 2-3 years ago and only remember that it was a disorganized, poorly-documented pain in the ass, even taking into account TIT.  Whereas Savannakhet is always a smooth ride in every respect and, if they don't need a police certificate, it would require only one trip and one night's stay total to get my visa.

Thanks, everyone!

Edited by ramr
Clarity

The warning is new. Chrome says it contains links that may lead to sites with malware.

I have seen reports of Savannakhet wanting the police clearance.

I got brave and went on the site. It does not appear any different.

You could contact this agent they have a button for on their website about getting one by mail. https://www.a-plusservice.com/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I don't get any malware warnings using 'Edge'.

Try a different browser.

A bit like blowing into a different breathalyzer until you get the result you want, but OK.  ????

Ubunjoe and Tanoshi,

Thanks for the info.  I'd already checked out the agent website you sent and one other.  4500 and 10000 baht are pricey indeed for the amount of work they actually do, but doubtlessly useful in some situations for some people.

I'll see if any first-hand recent reports show up in this thread, and take it from there.  Thanks again.