VAT tax and shipping from USA

VAT Tax and shipping from US.

I am looking at having a watch shipped to me here in Nonthaburi from the USA. It will be shipped from a person and not a store, so will be listed as a gift or personal item. The value of the watch is higher than FedEx will allow for insurance $2499.00. I have shipped different things from the USA to me before and it is hit or miss with VAT. Several packages came through with no VAT, then one got charged when it was delivered. I believe that package was with DHL or KEER (unsure of name but not FedEx). So, I have a few question and hope someone on here can provide some good information.

1.How does the VAT work with FedEx, chances of getting hit with the VAT and how much on $2400.00?

2. How safe will the package be shipped to Thailand using FedEx; will it make it here and not come up missing. If I was in the US or a few other countries I would not have to ask that question, but.

3. Am I better off just waiting till I go back in Nov. this year and pick up then. I would not mind having the watch now and not letting it set for six months

Edited by allen303
found my answer

Found the answer,  if you go to the customs site it lists 3 categories for customs. If it is over 40000 bath it puts it into category 3. So that will make it expensive and to many problem. So I will pick up in Nov.