Moving To Thailand With My Laptop. Can I .....

BAKABAS

I want to leave my laptop as is (English), But my Thai partner will need email,Internet, word program and keyboard in Thai language.

What can i do? can i buy software for her? should i get a thai-english keyboard that will plug and play into my usb port?

I don't want to buy her another computer in thai, i want to add to this one with various programs and internet.

I hope i have made sense. Thankyou for any help. :o

Yes seems the easist thing to do is buy a keyboard. or you could buy stickers for the laptop keys.

Assuming you have winXP you can install Thai language.

a quick search in yahoo or ask.com will tell you how.

Not a big deal really, no need to buy whole new computer.

dule boot xp thai and a key bord with thai key

Translation:-

Set up to dual-boot WinXP (Thai) and use a Thai keyboard.

But no need, install the Thai language pack (get it from MS) and all your apps. will work in English and Thai. Obviously help and menus will still be in English with this option.

o sorry i mean dule boot os in thai and english get a copy of xp thai and xp english then a usb key bord

trust me i work with japnese soft ware and many err in os if not right uncode is tricky

try install 1 game and it refuse to install it not simple language pack to be safe buy xp thai and dule but less truble inlong run

Edited by cat1981

o sorry i mean dule boot os in thai and english get a copy of xp thai and xp english then a usb key bord

trust me i work with japnese soft ware and many err in os if not right uncode is tricky

try install 1 game and it refuse to install it not simple language pack to be safe buy xp thai and dule but less truble inlong run

Software have less issues with Thai language than with Japanese/Chinese, as Thai is single byte.

No need to go to the expense of a second copy of XP. The language packs work just fine.

The stickers for the keys are most likely your best option. I've had bad luck with USB keyboards. Besides, it's a pain to carry them around with you.

Edited by cdnvic

The stickers for the keys are most likely your best option. I've had bad luck with USB keyboards. Besides, it's a pain to carry them around with you.

If your laptop is a model available in Thailand you may be able to get a proper Thai keyboard for it (I couldn't) :o

For simple web surfing and word processing the language pack and regular English versions of MS Word etc. work well, there are a few quirks but nothing that really kills the applications.