Thailand Tells Australia Its Bombing Warning Overstated

george

I think he was referring to Khun Prime Minister, Thaigoon.

Why did he quote my post which had absolutely nothing to do with what the prime minister said then? :D

Sorry that I didn't have the sixth sense to know that PatayaTony was not refering to my post and in fact was talking about what John K would be posting 7 minutes later. :D:bah:

ThaiGoon

Tony hits the reply button on the nearest post rather than scrolling down to the one at the bottom of the page, you are not being given special treatment here. :D

Whist Tony is a very knowledgeable man on many things, technology is not always one of his strong points. :o

Back to original topic, this is the Thai government over-reacting to an announcement by the Australian government, who are reacting to the flack the received after the bombings in Indonesia and the lack of warning they gave then. Now they warn you if you are likely to get a cold. Wish they would do something about quality of the airline food. :D

I think he was referring to Khun Prime Minister, Thaigoon.

Why did he quote my post which had absolutely nothing to do with what the prime minister said then? :D

Sorry that I didn't have the sixth sense to know that PatayaTony was not refering to my post and in fact was talking about what John K would be posting 7 minutes later. :D:bah:

ThaiGoon

Tony hits the reply button on the nearest post rather than scrolling down to the one at the bottom of the page, you are not being given special treatment here. :D

Whist Tony is a very knowledgeable man on many things, technology is not always one of his strong points. :o

Back to original topic, this is the Thai government over-reacting to an announcement by the Australian government, who are reacting to the flack the received after the bombings in Indonesia and the lack of warning they gave then. Now they warn you if you are likely to get a cold. Wish they would do something about quality of the airline food. :D

or the quality of maintenance on Garuda airlines

Oh I see. Ourmanflint got it from another thread that was dated to 2006-08-24. :o Guess he was too excited to see news which may or may not mean Thailand "slowly sliding into the mire" that he forgot to look at the date. :D:D

That's not the first time I've been caught out by someone dredging up an old story... sorry about that!

It was at the top of the pile I tell ya!!!

:D

Oh I see. Ourmanflint got it from another thread that was dated to 2006-08-24. :D Guess he was too excited to see news which may or may not mean Thailand "slowly sliding into the mire" that he forgot to look at the date. :D:D

That's not the first time I've been caught out by someone dredging up an old story... sorry about that!

It was at the top of the pile I tell ya!!!

Dont worry about it. I think ThaiGoon was just having a bad day but back on his medication now.

Cheers Tony :o

"Canberra responded that it has a duty to warn its people of possible dangers," Mr. Sawanit said. If it fails to do that and the unfavourable incident really happens," he explained, "it may have to take the blame. So, it needs to give a warning first.

Well I guess there is a possibility of bombs in Canberra?

and pretty much every city around the world.

Perhaps Thailand should also issue a warning.......... :o

"Canberra responded that it has a duty to warn its people of possible dangers," Mr. Sawanit said. If it fails to do that and the unfavourable incident really happens," he explained, "it may have to take the blame. So, it needs to give a warning first.

Small difference. There have been bombs in Thailand recently, unlike Canberra.

Has any other country issues warnings after this thread was started? If not I would tend to think this is more about the little spat that can be found in subtle ways in other threads and news clippings.

Has any other country issues warnings after this thread was started? If not I would tend to think this is more about the little spat that can be found in subtle ways in other threads and news clippings.

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/dest/report-en.asp?country=290000#2

I still think it is a bit thin, The USA is quick to warn (lots of lawyers) and still nothing. However if anything was to happen tomorrow march 13 is a significant day. We shall see.

If there is no risk of bombs in Bangkok why do they "search" all the bags of passengers entering the subway? I say search because I don't think the security guards have any idea what they are looking for.