DTAC TRUE 12CALL Cheapest unlimited data just fast enough to watch videos ?

myjawe

DTAC TRUE 12CALL Cheapest unlimited data just fast enough to watch videos ?

hello,

has anybody compared the data packages ? what is the cheapest unlimited package to watch videos ?

4MBPS should be enough to watch videos anywhere ?

How much at Dtac, True or 12call ?

And do you know if True Android app still does not work ? in the past it was ridiculous. But Dtac seems to always be the best.

What about 12call app ? Is it clear and easy to use as Dtac ?

Please tell me your experience.

Kiss ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

No unlimited packages with Truemove H nor AIS unless your SIM was registered before the 1st of March this year.

4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) is fine for streaming YouTube. DTAC has 10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s)

hello, do you mean that only Dtac offers unlimited data ?

do you know for how much please ?

and yes I have old true and 12call sim card that still work, can i get unlimited packages ?

thank you.

Edited by myjawe
  • Thanks 1

Ais has 3g 6mb unlimited for 30days 550฿

Works almost everywhere and now shares network with True

Plenty fast for youtube and show box

Start using the internet 550 baht. Can not reduce the speed 6Mbps for 30 days. More convenient than ever Continue playing internet! Auto renew this package every 30 days. Press * 777 * 9064 #

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I have fully unlimited full speed 4G from DTAC for 1499/month but that's post-paid. Not like I ever use it. Unlimited plans do exist. Not sure if on prepaid basis though.

I watch YouTube at 720 on my ipad dtac 500baht plus tax unlimited 4Mbs with no throttle.. TV not sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaveBKK said:

A lot of you guys are quoting “unlimited data” but the speed gets capped at a certain level of gigabytes consumed.... making it virtually unusable for anything except messaging and light browsing. 

What you want is unlimited data with no quota speed caps. 

..and that is what everyone is discussing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Lazada have some great deals on Thai sim cards

Ex. True 4Mbps Unlimited data valid for 1 year from registration at 1,765baht

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-true-4g-4mbps-1-i276399679-s441313689.html

The problem with those is that you cant apply the package to your existing SIM/number. I found that a bit of a nuisance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gaviolit said:

1 2 call sim registered b4 March, I use 1 Mbps at 600 thb for 6 month (or 1,200 for year). Work decently, can videocall with line or whatsapp and can see streaming sports and YouTube. 

Same here, but video quality is limited to 360p. Any higher and it usually starts buffering. On the other hand, my wife and I can watch different videos at the same time. We use my phone as an access point and connect PCs and tablet via wifi.

If you can get a 4Gb connection in your location then you should be able to watch in HD. 1400B for 6 months, 2500B for 12m.

Edited by beddhist
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beddhist said:

Same here, but video quality is limited to 360p. Any higher and it usually starts buffering. On the other hand, my wife and I can watch different videos at the same time. We use my phone as an access point and connect PCs and tablet via wifi.

If you can get a 4Gb connection in your location then you should be able to watch in HD. 1400B for 6 months, 2500B for 12m.

4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s)

If the OP is in Thailand long term, then the 12 month Truemove H pack from Lazada is the way to go.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:01 PM, JamJar said:

850 MHz B5 UMTS HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA+

Sorry but I do not understand what it means. Do they have their own antennae all around the country ?

• Thanks 1

I have a true sim registered a couple of years ago. Last year I was using a code for unlimited internet at 1MBPS for 30 days, cost was 300 baht a Month. Although it was not the fastest I could still Skype and watch a youtube video. I do not need super fast, just emails and messenger.

Does this still exist or is there something similar? 

Edited by bmanly

11 hours ago, bmanly said:

I have a true sim registered a couple of years ago. Last year I was using a code for unlimited internet at 1MBPS for 30 days, cost was 300 baht a Month. Although it was not the fastest I could still Skype and watch a youtube video. I do not need super fast, just emails and messenger.

Does this still exist or is there something similar? 

Their replacement costs 375 baht and you only get  7.5 GB before it slows down to 128kbps. *900*8324# Dial key. So it's utterly pointless when you can buy 8 GB of full speed data for 212 baht. Morons.

The old code was *777*7153# for 321 baht. Don't know if it will still work, but at a higher cost. 

There are cheaper alternative, but you need to inform as to whether it's for one month or longer, such as six months or a year.

There is also My by CAT 3G on the 850 MHz band; http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps with 90, 180 & 365 day packages.

15 hours ago, JamJar said:

The old code was *777*7153# for 321 baht. Don't know if it will still work, but at a higher cost. 

ITS A BIG SCAM ABOUT THIS, BE AWARE:

I was using  that code for more then to years, and two months ago they raised the price to 375 baht but they send SMS to everyone that the price will go up. But immediately the next month they canceled all unlimited packages and without telling the people they continued to use the same code for  7.5GB per month and 375 baht.

So 10 days ago i just used the same code and i got 7.5GB of the price of 375 baht. Its just wrong to not telling the people that their package is switched to 7.5GB and to use the same code for unlimited internet.

Yesterday i went to big C extra in all three mobile companies office (AIS, TRUE, D-tac) and i asked for any price unlimited package, they all said dont have anymore, all unlimited of all three companies have been canceled last month.

Now i kinda dont know what to do, but i see here you proposed sim card from lazada or some secret D-tac unlimited packages but no codes, and nothing on their website.

I was using this one of 300 baht on the picture, but dont dial the code until you read all the text from above.

Also i found this packages from d-tac just last night, can someone tell me if they are still active or could be just old packages that use the same code for limited couple of GB internet?

link - http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html?fbclid=IwAR2I-9y6owTMM0aVpOtpPccecPsofukOAxHafFZNc6naA_B8gomuJqoiWW8

61256360_2312868158751560_2687835794202165248_n.jpg

60883479_2322789034705849_7130920165595676672_n.jpg

61189141_419970982173313_4092197517679132672_n.jpg

Edited by outtake

21 hours ago, outtake said:

Yesterday i went to big C extra in all three mobile companies office (AIS, TRUE, D-tac) and i asked for any price unlimited package, they all said dont have anymore, all unlimited of all three companies have been canceled last month.

Now i kinda dont know what to do, .....................

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=90_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

I have it. Works fine.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2019 at 1:22 AM, myjawe said:

do you mean that only Dtac offers unlimited data ?

do you know for how much please ?

I've tried the slower DTAC unlimited but end up with their 10mbps each time for less stress. It costs 199THB/w. You don't need 10mbps for Youtube but IPTV services work better with it. I can almost get the 4K streams working but buffer kicks in so only FHD for my DTAC. Last months usage was over 250GB of data streamed watching IPTV most days.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, JamJar said:

Their replacement costs 375 baht and you only get  7.5 GB before it slows down to 128kbps. *900*8324# Dial key. So it's utterly pointless when you can buy 8 GB of full speed data for 212 baht. Morons.

There are cheaper alternative, but you need to inform as to whether it's for one month or longer, such as six months or a year.

Hi, I will be in Thailand 4 Months and have a pre paid sim that I will use. I do not want to do auto renew. The code that I had for True last year for the unlimited 1MBPS per 30 days was: *900*1974#

It was an add on internet package and suited my needs well. Can anyone tell me if it still works?

8 GB for full speed for 212 baht (30 days), what is the code for this please?

Thanks.

• Thanks 1