Retailers face Bt10k fines for overpriced lottery tickets

snoop1130

Retailers face Bt10k fines for overpriced lottery tickets

By The Nation

7175bf8b9a996b0a4ab579de3ee39586.jpeg

File photo

Retailers selling lottery tickets for more than the face value can face fines of Bt10,000, according to the amended Government Lottery Office Act.

Before 2015, Bt80 tickets were often sold for Bt100 so the junta introduced one-month jail terms or Bt10,000 fines for those responsible. 

The original 1974 act imposed up to Bt2,000 fines.

Anyone selling tickets at schools or to under-20s also faces a Bt10,000 fine. 

The new law also improves the lottery office's internal structure and the allocation of profits while ensuring access for people with disabilities to lottery ticket retailers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30369889

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-23

As with all laws in Thailand, it has been forgotten to order the police to prosecute the perpetrators!

In a weekly market in our neighborhood, fakes are sold as well as lottery tickets over 80 Baht!

TO BE MENTIONED IS THAT THIS MARKET IS MADE ON A LAND NEAR A MILITARY BARRACKS WITH THE SUPERVISION OF THE SOLDIERS!

Well they always sell one ticket for 80 baht, but what they all do is stick 2 together and then they can charge 200 baht. I think for the 90 million which would be 15 tickets they charge 2000 baht where as it should be 1200 baht. It is the ticket mafia that get the lots of tickets that set the prices so the lowly ticket sellers need to make their money back. They need to go after the people that sell the tickets to the vendors.

2 hours ago, 30la said:

As with all laws in Thailand, it has been forgotten to order the police to prosecute the perpetrators!

In a weekly market in our neighborhood, fakes are sold as well as lottery tickets over 80 Baht!

TO BE MENTIONED IS THAT THIS MARKET IS MADE ON A LAND NEAR A MILITARY BARRACKS WITH THE SUPERVISION OF THE SOLDIERS!

I would like to file a complaint against all the sellers I meet who ask for more than eighty baht.
The police are not very interested, is there another possibility?

44 minutes ago, pieeyed said:

Well they always sell one ticket for 80 baht, but what they all do is stick 2 together and then they can charge 200 baht. I think for the 90 million which would be 15 tickets they charge 2000 baht where as it should be 1200 baht. It is the ticket mafia that get the lots of tickets that set the prices so the lowly ticket sellers need to make their money back. They need to go after the people that sell the tickets to the vendors.

Who are "the people who sell the tickets to the vendors"?

23 minutes ago, 30la said:

I would like to file a complaint against all the sellers I meet who ask for more than eighty baht.
The police are not very interested, is there another possibility?

ok, look at it this way ... A single mum has two kids to bring up .... she borrows 30,000 baht from a loan shark for her motorbike to sell lottery tickets for 100 baht.

So you want to dob her in and take away her only income and then no home, no money to buy food for the kids, no bike as the loan shark will come and probably break her leg also.

all because you paid 0.63 cents too much.  ??  

Do you get my meaning ......  ?    unless my logic is different from yours. 

4 hours ago, pieeyed said:

So what is the new amended law? Can you buy 10 tickets with the same number for 800 baht or is it 1000 or 1200 baht? 

I bought 5 tickets with the same number for 500 baht yesterday. The 2 sellers had plenty with the same number but they also sold single tickets for 80 baht.

It is possible to shop around and buy as many single tickets as you can but it will involve visits to quite a few lottery sellers in the hope that they have the numbers that you want. It will cost more time, money and frustration when you can't find enough tickets with the numbers that you want.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

ok, look at it this way ... A single mum has two kids to bring up .... she borrows 30,000 baht from a loan shark for her motorbike to sell lottery tickets for 100 baht.

So you want to dob her in and take away her only income and then no home, no money to buy food for the kids, no bike as the loan shark will come and probably break her leg also.

all because you paid 0.63 cents too much.  ??  

Do you get my meaning ......  ?    unless my logic is different from yours. 

The price printed on the ticket is 80 Baht. Inflating this by 25% should not be allowed lMHO.

The lottery should be automated but continuing the current system benefits a certain few.

4 hours ago, choff56 said:

Who are "the people who sell the tickets to the vendors"?

3 main companies full of ex military and current military together with major connections to you know who.  to kill a snake you have to cut its head off, not tickle it's tail.

Archived