Family killed by lightning in Kampong Thom

geovalin

A family of three were  found dead on Saturday at their potato farm in Kampong Thom’s Sandan district after being struck by lightning. Police identified the victims as Chhouy Len, 28, the father, Chea Sokhon, 27, his wife, and Leng Chheng Leak, their three-year-old son.

Bin Mai, Mr Sokhon’s sister, said the family went out to tend the farm on Thursday and failed to return home. When she went to find them on Saturday, Ms Mai discovered their bodies in the field under a tree in Chherteal commune.

“I panicked when i saw the bodies,” she said yesterday. “I reported it to police immediately.” After commune police examined their bodies, it was confirmed the three died after being struck by  lightning, according to the Chherteal commune police report.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50607677/family-killed-by-lightning-in-kampong-thom/

45 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Sad but entirely preventable. Who hangs out under a tree in an open field during a lightning storm?

Who rides a motorbike with no helmet? Who drives a car with no licence, insurance or seatbelt (often pissed or Ya Ba’d up)? Who drives against oncoming traffic? Who....oh never mind.

• Like 1