deathbed vision

soalbundy

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I have  read that observers of some of those  guillotined  mouthed  abuses  at the  crowds.

Now that is cool, it wouldn't happen if they had been fried, gassed, strung up or drugged to death, bring back Mademoiselle Guillotine ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Now that is cool, it wouldn't happen if they had been fried, gassed, strung up or drugged to death, bring back Mademoiselle Guillotine ????

experiments with decapitated mice have shown a spike in awareness after the event, I forget how long after, they had, according to the electrical activity going on in the brain, total awareness, greater than before the decapitation.

10 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I have  read that observers of some of those  guillotined  mouthed  abuses  at the  crowds.

wrong, exaggerations. I can accept that for 5 to 10 seconds there would be enough oxygen in the brain for coherent thought but the shock alone would bring on unconsciousness to the perceived world. Death is a slow process it has been found, Genes still divide and cellular activity still continues up to 3 days after 'brain death' this is possible due to microtubels which command the cells and they are in a small region in the cells which allows for quantum laws to exist, also in the neurons of the brain.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

wrong, exaggerations. I can accept that for 5 to 10 seconds there would be enough oxygen in the brain for coherent thought but the shock alone would bring on unconsciousness to the perceived world. Death is a slow process it has been found, Genes still divide and cellular activity still continues up to 3 days after 'brain death' this is possible due to microtubels which command the cells and they are in a small region in the cells which allows for quantum laws to exist, also in the neurons of the brain.

I can accept that as true. But it seems in contradiction of your previous post re' decapitated mice.

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

I can accept that as true. But it seems in contradiction of your previous post re' decapitated mice.

Not really, consciousness (of what?) as such has increased (it is not a 'thing') but that doesn't mean that the mind is involved (the mind being a product of the brain when all parts work in harmony) consciousness/awareness/ presence is still a mystery, the problem of how can something material (the brain) bring about something ethereal/immaterial (a thought). The chemical electrical activity of the brain allows perception but what brings about awareness of the perception? A camera perceives but is not aware of the perception.

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

Bioquark a US company, was or is, trying to revive Neuronal activity in brain dead patients in India. It hasn't really progressed, as far as I'm aware

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-biotech-company-has-been-given-permission-to-try-and-bring-dead-brains-back-to-life

Apart from being morally unacceptable it would depend on how long the death had occurred and under what circumstances. A small child in America froze to death having fallen at night outside all night long. She was found in the morning and despite no brain activity being present was revived without any perceivable damage to the child, exceptional circumstance, youth and low temperature, What we are (apparently) is consciousness,not the body or the mind, once consciousness has left that is the end for the material being. I write a quote from Tony Parsons who gives talks on non-duality, I have written it before no doubt but his use of the English language is so beautiful it wouldn't harm to repeat it.

"There is no me or you, no seeker, no enlightenment, no disciple and no guru. There is no better or worse, no path and nothing that has to be achieved. All appearance is source. All that apparently manifests - the world, the life story, the hypnotic dream of separation, the search for home, is the one appearing as two, the nothing appearing as everything, the absolute appearing as the particular.

There is no separate intelligence weaving a destiny and no choice functioning at any level. Nothing is happening, but this, as it is, invites the apparent seeker to rediscover that which already is.....the abiding, uncaused, unchanging, impersonal silence from which unconditional love overflows and celebrates, it is the wonderful mystery."  from "the open secret" by Tony Parsons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Not really, consciousness (of what?) as such has increased (it is not a 'thing') but that doesn't mean that the mind is involved (the mind being a product of the brain when all parts work in harmony) consciousness/awareness/ presence is still a mystery, the problem of how can something material (the brain) bring about something ethereal/immaterial (a thought). The chemical electrical activity of the brain allows perception but what brings about awareness of the perception? A camera perceives but is not aware of the perception.

Could it not be that, unlike a  camera  which does  not actually  perceive but can only record and play back with zero consciousness being a part of that process, the brain fleetingly retains the function of conscious perception but is limited in the physical process of demonstrating that in dire cicumstances?

That brain wave activity can be detected  long after any other measurable physical test indicates any signs of "life' may suggest perception also occurs such as those  who recover from deep coma can relate  despite on occasion even brain activity being declared measurably ceased.

The  debate is intriguing but "near death" and "out of body" experiences as consistently related by people as yet remain a mystery as phenomenon of the ethereal.

I had what I believe to be  a singular "out of body" experience 50 years ago that I can still recall every detail of in terms of  sound, sight, smell and  tactile sensation. It was not horrifying or even scarey. It was simply confusing then and still mysterious to myself so to this day.

• Like 1

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

Could it not be that, unlike a  camera  which does  not actually  perceive but can only record and play back with zero consciousness being a part of that process, the brain fleetingly retains the function of conscious perception but is limited in the physical process of demonstrating that in dire cicumstances?

That brain wave activity can be detected  long after any other measurable physical test indicates any signs of "life' may suggest perception also occurs such as those  who recover from deep coma can relate  despite on occasion even brain activity being declared measurably ceased.

The  debate is intriguing but "near death" and "out of body" experiences as consistently related by people as yet remain a mystery as phenomenon of the ethereal.

I had what I believe to be  a singular "out of body" experience 50 years ago that I can still recall every detail of in terms of  sound, sight, smell and  tactile sensation. It was not horrifying or even scarey. It was simply confusing then and still mysterious to myself so to this day.

I'm jealous of your experience, I've been denied such experiences but I've no doubt that something of the sort occurs at the death of the body when the ego gives up the pretence of being real and the realization for nobody that there is no one there and that there never had been.

• Like 1