Address update Immigration

Felt 35

28 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

If you are reporting same rented address do you need power of attorney form plus owners ID etc? do you need to report if you have stayed within Thailand or just out of country?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You don't need anything except your passport when using the drive through, but, you must have the previous notification stapled into your passport. I only do it when returning from another country because the TM6 (arrival card) will have a different number than the one in their system. No problems so far. Takes a couple of minutes once it's your turn at the kiosk.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic
  • Like 1

You don't need anything except your passport when using the drive through, but, you must have the previous notification stapled into your passport. I only do it when returning from another country. No problems so far. Takes a couple of minutes once it's your turn at the kiosk.

Okay, last time I did it in main office, I needed Power of Attorney etc great it's been made easier.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I went to the drive through as suggested and even when I had a address notification from another province (visit to MFL) where I stayed 2 weeks before I went abroad I was done in 5 minutes. However they also changed/ extended my next 90 day report but...but passed my current deadline for retirement extension so not sure if I should go back and get it corrected! Practically it shouldn't mean anything because I always renew retirement extension about a month before it expire but if any problems I guess I will be responsive whoever and whatever noted in the passport! 

Felt

36 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I went to the drive through as suggested and even when I had a address notification from another province (visit to MFL) where I stayed 2 weeks before I went abroad I was done in 5 minutes. However they also changed/ extended my next 90 day report but...but passed my current deadline for retirement extension so not sure if I should go back and get it corrected! Practically it shouldn't mean anything because I always renew retirement extension about a month before it expire but if any problems I guess I will be responsive whoever and whatever noted in the passport! 

Felt

No reason to correct, your extension will also be the 90-days report.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Not so sure about that Steven, even if the 90 day day is beyond the extension renewal date, the extension final date must be renewed by that end date.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Not true. My next 90 day report was stamped as 7th July, yet, my extension was due to expire on the 22nd May.

Did my extension, but, the 90 day report date was not updated. Still have to do it on the 7th July.

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Not so sure about that Steven, even if the 90 day day is beyond the extension renewal date, the extension final date must be renewed by that end date.

Yes, of course. I didn't say anything else.

Edited by stevenl

3 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Not true. My next 90 day report was stamped as 7th July, yet, my extension was due to expire on the 22nd May.

Did my extension, but, the 90 day report date was not updated. Still have to do it on the 7th July.

I always thought otherwise, sorry if I gave incorrect information. Op should see after his extension on his 90 day paper when he has to go in.

I just had to do 90 days btw, 90 days after extension date.

Edited by stevenl

18 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I always thought otherwise, sorry if I gave incorrect information. Op should see after his extension on his 90 day paper when he has to go in.

I just had to do 90 days btw, 90 days after extension date.

I think that is what they usually do.

I did the previous 90 day report online and they didn't look at when my extension expired. I reckon it was a mistake by whomever processed my online report.

???? Sorry to have wasted yours time but when ????thinking about it the drive through only did the counting for me. I arrived yesterday and Tm 6. is stamped 30. May and as I have figured out already my next extension is up before any 90day....huh getting ????:sorry:

8 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

I think that is what they usually do.

I did the previous 90 day report online and they didn't look at when my extension expired. I reckon it was a mistake by whomever processed my online report.

But when you last time did your extension, was at the same timer 90 days done? That is what I said and you contradicted.

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

But when you last time did your extension, was at the same timer 90 days done? That is what I said and you contradicted.

Just had a look at my passport, and you are right. My 90 day has been reset 90 days from my extension application. My bad.

Though, my post was correct in that immigration first had my 90 day report nearly two months after my extension expired.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic