I Dont Want My Room Broken Into

Grover

Something I did when I was living alone in the States and was away quite a bit of the time was this. I bought about 4 cheap simple mechancial on/off timers that I used to turn the lights (floor lamps not ceiling lights) and the TV on and off at specific times every 24 hours so it always looked like someone was home, and I never had a problem. I haven't had to look for anything like that in Thailand so I don't know if it would be available. It is very seldom now when there would be no one at home so I don't need it. I have a house in a Thai middle class neighborhood without gates or security guards and it is pretty quiet during the day. A number of the houses in my neighborhood have been broken into during the day, especially over the last few years, but not mine, and I am sure it is because someone is almost always at home. This being Thailand, the cheapest thing you could do is hire someone to sit in your room and watch TV all day.

I suggest a large safe, for any really valuable items.

Not a small one that can be carried off and worked on elsewhere.

Something that takes 3-4 big blokes to carry it. :o

If you guys wear a badge with my picture on it, it would scare away all thiefts and also be a chick magnet all in one.

Sheeet I think im on to something here.

If you like one then PM me

If the OP can find a lock as big as Donz ego then no way could any thief break in! :o

I have to add, even if you live on a high floor, don't leave the door of your balcony open.

Supershit (no i'm not talking about donz :D it's just an esclamation ) 2 days ago the guy next to my apart. left his keys inside his apartment. Pronto came a young thai and politely asked me to use my balcony.

I thought maybe he wants to take a look... I almost fainted when Spiderthai with no ropes, not net, nada de nada walked outside the balcony and like a ninja jumped in the next balcony. Some scary sh.t I can tell you I live at the 5th floor WoW :o