Shipping from US (Oregon) to Thailand (Bangkok)

Montana Sully

Hello! I need to ship a couple of boxes to Bangkok from the US (Oregon) and have found that every site I go to, the price is ridiculously high. I have two boxes of personal items and would like to use a boat/ship for the lower price. Any ideas on a reliable service or a direction to look for one?

I can get 50lbs-$100usd through the airline but if I can find a cheaper way..

Thanks to any and all for advice, Cheers!

Yes, that prices sounds quite good for that services ? Also which service you planned to use ? Something like for example DHL or EMS ? That is how they costs but they provide speed and delivery, of course you could order by ordinar mail and wait a month or be damaged;)

Don't forget the duty when it gets to Thailand, and no, retiring to Thailand gives you no duty free privileges

A 100 lbs of books is going to attract a lot less duty than 100 lbs of electronics

The airline option would be the best since customs at the airport is much looser than at a commercial shipping warehouse   

Thanks for all the replies! My sister in law is from the Philippines and is able to send, from Oregon, here in the States to the Philippines for 100lbs-$50usd. She uses a boat service she knows of from the Filipino market. It's dependable and a great price the only downside is that it takes up to a month to get there. This is just gifts and clothes etc for my wife and daughter who didn't come this trip and a few things for my wife's family. I'd have no problem waiting a month for the shipment but paying customs rip off artists would push me right back to the airlines.

Anyway, this is what I'm looking for, a boat shipment from Oregon to Bangkok and I'm hoping for a better deal than the airlines. I should've explained better. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Montana Sully said:

Thanks for all the replies! My sister in law is from the Philippines and is able to send, from Oregon, here in the States to the Philippines for 100lbs-$50usd. She uses a boat service she knows of from the Filipino market. It's dependable and a great price the only downside is that it takes up to a month to get there. This is just gifts and clothes etc for my wife and daughter who didn't come this trip and a few things for my wife's family. I'd have no problem waiting a month for the shipment but paying customs rip off artists would push me right back to the airlines.

Anyway, this is what I'm looking for, a boat shipment from Oregon to Bangkok and I'm hoping for a better deal than the airlines. I should've explained better. Cheers!

Try these people, I have used them a few times to ship odd things out of Thailand, they will work with brokers overseas. I have found them reasonably priced, about 20% about rock bottom Thai post services, but prices vary a lot depending on what you are doing. It's a French owned company in BKK, speak great English.

Clément THÉBAULT
Sales & Marketing Manager 

SEA FLY SERVICES Co., Ltd.
93/1 Soi Pracharat Bamphen 6, Huaykwang, 10310 Bangkok, THAILAND (Google Maps)
T : +66 (0)2 6903 523
M : +66 (0)9 82 852 711

Edited by rabas