British veterans parachute over Normandy 75 years after making D-Day jump

webfact

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Edit:  The USA and UK faced existential threats at the time of D-Day.  Offer up an existential threat to either country today and you'd get the same loyalty, commitment, and bravery.  Not so much to keep the price of oil down and to keep markets open for multi-national corporations.

I’m in agreement with you the problem is today’s weapons something like that would be over in days not years

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

All respect for your father, but they didn't ask him to go in and clear out weapons of mass destruction on behalf of Halliburton.

Loyalty and commitment has to go both ways.  Or it doesn't work.

Edit:  The USA and UK faced existential threats at the time of D-Day.  Offer up an existential threat to either country today and you'd get the same loyalty, commitment, and bravery.  Not so much to keep the price of oil down and to keep markets open for multi-national corporations.

"Offer up an existential threat to either country today and you'd get the same loyalty, commitment, and bravery."..

This is something you and I will never agree on tho I respect your opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Your comments are insulting to not only my father but all of those that gave their lives to possibly allow your existence today. Please be respectful of their bravery , commitment and love of their countries.

With deep respect mr husker I think you are misunderstanding impluse he and I don’t mean any disrespect we are showing respect to our current and future generations

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

With deep respect mr husker I think you are misunderstanding impluse he and I don’t mean any disrespect we are showing respect to our current and future generations

Thanks Tug. Misunderstand is easy on a msg board at times. I appreciate your earlier comments. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Me have a go....You are joking surely, i used to get a nose bleed cleaning the upstairs windows.

Knowing you it was probably cleaning them from the inside, with your nose pressed against the glass watching the next door neighbour sunbathing topless...

• Haha 2