Where Do You Bring Your Date To?

solid

Good View Restaurant on Charoenkrung Road on the River has great seafood (alwaya favourite with the locals) and a really good band, nice decor etc.

You also can't go wrong, with Angelini's at Shangri La, or even Vertigo or Sirocco when Im feeling flush.

For lunch try Jim Thompson's Farmers Market on Saladaeng (great food nice decor etc) which always go down well too.

I agree, buffets suck. Hardly romantic. Here're some of my top picks:

Splash the cash at Harvey's on Thong Lo soi 9. One of my favourite spots at the mo. Expect a grand a head without drinks, but they also do a decent set lunch on weekdays at about 500 a pop. Food is described as 'inspired Californian'. The chef there is wonderful. Very stylish joint. The website isn't much use except for the map www.harvey.in.th. You will impress if you go here. Also have a nice little cigar lounge if you are that way inclined.

Aubergine on Saladaeng 1/1 is a great little joint. Used to be...er..###### it...another very good French restaurant. Bistingo? Can't remember. Anyway, it's a converted teak house with a Belgian chef who used to be the French ambassador's cook. Here's the number 02 234-2226. Main courses (French & Italian basically) in the 350-900 range.

Oops, gotta rush..

Angelini's (Italian) at the Shangri-La. - quick, before they close for renovations

Giusto, as mentioned above

La Rioja - Spanish food and excellent wine cellar, right next to the BTS at Chid Lom. My fave after harvey's.

Mes Amis (French) on Thong Lor soi 9 (?). I'm not a big fan, but my Thai friends absolutely love it.

Biscotti at the Four Seasons (or their steakhouse, Madison, if she's a meat eater, ahem)

One last one...Agalico, a tea shop on Sukh soi 51. In white building near Sukh end. Great garden. Stylish interior. Only open 10-6, but you've got to have lunch/cakes, right.

Good luck

Philippe on sukh soi, er, 39?

Good luck

Two of my favorite places to take my wife out to eat have already been mentioned but I will give you my reviews on them. Cabbages and Condoms at Soi 12 Sukhumvit has very nice atmosphere, good food, and reasonable prices for the quality. Most internet reviews I have read concur with my opinion. (It has a special place in our hearts as it is where I proposed to my wife-she was surprised with an engagement ring in her banana split when served dessert ! ) We also enjoy the dinner cruises at River City Plaza, along the Chao Phraya waterfront. Food is just OK but ambiance and price for dinner cruise with live band is inexpensive so it makes for a very enjoyable evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Kuppa is nice :o

another good place is the Pickled Factory..they do some good pizzas..in a wooden house, with sofas, low lights and laid back music..there are also seatings outside by the pool. again quiet and intimate :D

thai food mostly...with pizzas and some of the best cheese cakes and carrot cake u can find around town :D

damnit did I just give away more secrets...thats kinda a hideaway. been going there for years....doesnt ever get extremely busy

Edited by MiG16

• 8 months later...
Place doesnt matter - we can have a goodtime anywhere. The company is what really counts. :o

True that.

But if I have to pick one place to go with my date that will be Kuppa and fortunately it's been doing very well. Never let me down.

Sorry Mi16 about the Pickle fact. They had good pizza and some homemade lemon cake was to die for.

Edited by legag

Cabbages and Condoms on Suk Soi 12 is very nice, in that the food and service are good, prices reasonable, and they have an outdoor garden seating area with twinkly lights at night (a ladies thing... :o ). The large selection of condoms on display also could make for an interesting dinner conversation opener.

Crepes and Co. also is nearby, another date friendly, romantic ambiance choice, with the crepes offerings available both as dinner choices and sweet ones for desert.

Around Silom, a nice lunch or early dinner choice is the Jim Thompson-affiliated Saladaeng Café, 120/1 Saladaeng Soi 1.

As previously suggested, late drinks at either of the two tall building-top choices -- Vertigo atop the Banyan Tree Hotel on South Sathorn Rd. or Sirocco atop the State Tower on Silom Rd., are sure to impress. But unless you want to drop a fortune, stick to drinks there and have dinner elsewhere. Even with that, prepare for drinks to run 300 to 400 baht per glass.

Cabbages and Condoms on Suk Soi 12 is very nice, in that the food and service are good, prices reasonable, and they have an outdoor garden seating area with twinkly lights at night (a ladies thing... :o ). The large selection of condoms on display also could make for an interesting dinner conversation opener.

Yep, Cabbages and Condoms is a beautiful but casual place and makes for fun conversation. I also like Baan Kanitha on Sukhumvit 23.

Went to L'Opera on Sukhumvit 39 and found it to be very cozy and intimate. Great place to hang out and talk. We stayed there for close to 3 hours and practically closed the place without being interrupted. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

Yep, Cabbages and Condoms is a beautiful but casual place and makes for fun conversation. I also like Baan Kanitha on Sukhumvit 23.

Went to L'Opera on Sukhumvit 39 and found it to be very cozy and intimate. Great place to hang out and talk. We stayed there for close to 3 hours and practically closed the place without being interrupted. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

I gotta agree with L'Opera, it's a very nice place to bring a date to. The food is great, good wine selection, not mentioning that home made Grappa :D

Place doesnt matter - we can have a goodtime anywhere. The company is what really counts. :D

I agree about that too :D all comes down to the person you are cherishing his/her company ,wherever you are dining in and whatever you are ordering will never magnify that night as the warmth of intimacy will do if you (share it) :o

But there is more important issue here to mention and consider while heading for a night out,which is the:( wallet belly-cash pot or the polygamous of credit cards in that wallet) :D

Cinema...

followed by hatchiban :o

top_img01.jpg

Has never failed me!

You know, at first I was going to make a snide remark about you being cheap, but then I recalled (although I would to change to MK or better) that this would be a great date for most middle class Thai women - and something I have done frequently in the past. Cheers!

bed supperclub rest can be a great place for an early date, expect 1500-2000 incl wine or drinks. Set menu eaten on the beds in the rest side. can melt a date.

I agree its a winner but $1500-2000bht? what did you drink chang? My bill was 5000 and she had 2 cocktails only

Cinema...

followed by hatchiban :o

top_img01.jpg

Has never failed me!

You know, at first I was going to make a snide remark about you being cheap, but then I recalled (although I would to change to MK or better) that this would be a great date for most middle class Thai women - and something I have done frequently in the past. Cheers!

Agreed - MK is another good suggestion.

I would much rather the girl in question to call me back after a bowl of noodles than a night out that cost me xxxxb - if you get what I'm trying to say.

bed supperclub rest can be a great place for an early date, expect 1500-2000 incl wine or drinks. Set menu eaten on the beds in the rest side. can melt a date.

I agree its a winner but $1500-2000bht? what did you drink chang? My bill was 5000 and she had 2 cocktails only

Totally agree. You would be hard pushed to get away with under 2,500 a head. However it is worth it. The food is as good as the ambience and decor which is unusual.

Never show any girl that you have to much money around. So don't show off by going to all these expensive places. It could chance their attitude towards you. Just be normal and go to something less expensive. If you want to have a good girlfriend, make sure she likes you for who you are and not for your wallet.