Where Do You Bring Your Date To?

solid

Hi,

I am kinda in dating cycles but I really have no time to check out places to bring my date to. So, I wanna hear where you guys bring your date/gf/wife to. Please tell locations, atmosphere, and approximate budget.

Or if you are a lady, you can help me by telling me the place you want your date/bf/husband brings you to.

Many thanks :o

One nice option is a dinner cruise.

You can book a cruise at River City Plaza, along the Chao Phraya waterfront.

The cruise lasts a few hours, has a nice buffet and a band.

I'm sorry.... I forget the cost, but not too outrageous.....cheap by western standards.

Try to book early, and request a seat upper deck, but not too close to the band.

A beautiful evening on the river, sure to impress a Thai or farang.

Any travel agent in Bkk would be able to give info, and book tickets for you.

Another idea.

The Baiyoke Tower has a restaurant on the top floor.

They provide an international buffet, with roving magicians/clowns/musicians.

There is a revolving observation deck which admission to is included in the price of dinner.

A great view from Thailand's tallest building.

The food is not the best, but the selection is huge, and the price affordable for a special occasion.

Book early to get a window seat.

Edited by pumpuiman

bed supperclub rest can be a great place for an early date, expect 1500-2000 incl wine or drinks. Set menu eaten on the beds in the rest side. can melt a date.

guisto for italian so 23, with wine 1500-2000 per head. good food good atmosphere

Face can be alright, prices are similar.

koi is expensive but can be interesting people watching if models in the bar interst you. sushi is rather fusion.

little tapas bar on soi 11 behind cheap charlies. food can be hit and miss, but the sangria isn't.

Drinks in any bar at Jatuchak, good way to bridge afternoon/eveing during an early date.

Scirocco, at state tower, for dirinks, expensive, but as long as you don't do diiner, livable.

the options in Bkk are infinite.

Yup, the Baiyoke 2 buffet is pretty ###### good - she'll love you forever after 4 hours non stop stuffing.

(Remember to get the Thai price).

Kanap Nahm on the Thonburi side beside Krung Ton bridge is a nice romatic setting and great food.

Bangsaen beach.

Any MK: (Why do Thai women just love MK?. It's pretty tastless).

:o

Another idea.

The Baiyoke Tower has a restaurant on the top floor.

They provide an international buffet, with roving magicians/clowns/musicians.

There is a revolving observation deck which admission to is included in the price of dinner.

A great view from Thailand's tallest building.

The food is not the best, but the selection is huge, and the price affordable for a special occasion.

Book early to get a window seat.

good lord, what a way to close the deal.

Great suggestions t.s. agreed 100% ( for a change :o )

However, regards the Bayoke recomendations made by other posters, I gotta say Bayoke restaurant is skank. Horrible food, overpriced and nasty decor, the only redeeming factor is the view.

Edited by ashacat

Great suggestions t.s. agreed 100% ( for a change :D )

However, regards the Bayoke recomendations made by other posters, I gotta say Bayoke restaurant is skank. Horrible food, overpriced and nasty decor, the only redeeming factor is the view.

Is this Bayoke 1 or 2?. Ms C and self enjoy the lunchtime buffet in Bayoke 2 from time to time.

Beats Jools hands down........ :o:D:D

I also like the way that the staff come around and encourage you to eat more.

Not that Ms C needs any encouragement!.

hel_l I'd just settle for a boy taking me for a picnic at the park haha

(Actually, I love picnics in parks)

interesting to see all the blokes are choosing places where you can gorge yourself isnt it. i would also prefer the picnic in the park. nothing too flash. nice bottle of wine, some good food.

the most important thing is the company in my opinion.

who wants clowns on a date? (often, the bloke is a big enough clown)

agree with Asha about the baiyoke food being terrible. someone was offering me free meal there (after Id been there once), and I turned it down. thats how bad it was :o

best date Ive had was when the guy cooked for me....complete with candle lit tables, wine, and music.

have also had the park picnic with music and the sky thing...not sure if that was a date though...but it sure did feel nice.

now to answer the OP with some possible options: (my idea of a romantic date is not some huge place crowded with loud people...so even if food is great Id prolly prefer somewhere quieter) unless you are already together quite sometime and are just looking for places to go out? anyhow Ill answer based on first assumption:

top of the list:

* Virtigo at top of Banyan Tree: amazing view, better service than Sirocco, but daNNed expensive for a meal. so take her just for drinks after you've eaten elsewhere. drinks about 300+

(if for a meal, then u are paying ATLEAST 5000baht for 2, without wine YUKKKSS)

* Eat Me restarant n Art Gallery: soi convent, Silom. very good food, nice ambience, not too busy (small place), with balcony seatings available, and they make some delicious cocktails (meal for 2 around 2,xxx)

* River Bar -- near SangHee Bridge (on the thonburi side), thai food, by the river. price is very inexpensive...you can have a meal for 2 from 800 to 1200 (depending how much wine /alcohol you want I suppose), and the best part....its one of the best authentic thai taste you can find, being on the river, without the exorbitant hotel prices :D

theres more....but Im sure others can add to the list. cheers....and hope the dates keep getting more and more pleasant for both of you :D (and ofcourse Im a Ms Romantic :D )

Great suggestions t.s. agreed 100% ( for a change :D )

ashacat,

Could not agree more - not the place for good food :o . Have a drink, look at the view and get out.

To recommend someplace for lunch (other branches are open for dinner, but do not have the history) - Jim Thompson House is a great place and you can check out the museum.

One nice option is a dinner cruise.

I can second this!

Do a search on the net for "Pearl of Siam". Cost was about 800 p/p las time I went.

This is especially impressive for a Loy Krathong date. You get to be metres away from the barges that shoot the fireworks- spectacular show. Price goes triple on this night, and book several weeks early!

...* Eat Me restarant n Art Gallery: soi convent, Silom. very good food, nice ambience, not too busy (small place), with balcony seatings available, and they make some delicious cocktails (meal for 2 around 2,xxx)

Man, I hate it when when people spill the beans...

:o

TH

The Venezia restaurant in Sukumvit Soi 11 is also a good place, very good service, delicious food, great wine list, expect a bill between 1500 to 2500 baht. They even have farang (italian) waiters.

The Venezia restaurant in Sukumvit Soi 11 is also a good place, very good service, delicious food, great wine list, expect a bill between 1500 to 2500 baht. They even have farang (italian) waiters.

i have eaten there a total of three times.

1st time, quite good, promted to return.

2nd time, excellent.

3rd time, everyone ordered the exact same thing as second time. food was awful, service was sullen, items were completely different, though as i said we had had the same things a week earlier. Our complaints were ignored by the staff.

several emails were written to the proprietor, and no answer was recieved on any of the occasions the emails were sent.

friends have tried since with very little success. As i pass it at least once a day, it seems to be increasingly empty. when were you last there?

Edited by t.s

i have eaten there a total of three times.

1st time, quite good, promted to return.

2nd time, excellent.

3rd time, everyone ordered the exact same thing as second time. food was awful, service was sullen, items were completely different, though as i said we had had the same things a week earlier. Our complaints were ignored by the staff.

several emails were written to the proprietor, and no answer was recieved on any of the occasions the emails were sent.

friends have tried since with very little success. As i pass it at least once a day, it seems to be increasingly empty. when were you last there?

I'm sorry to hear that t.s., I've last been there about 3 months ago and noticed there was another italian waiter, however, eveything went very good, been there many times and never had anything to complain about. :o

Take potential partner to your room and pour some liquid it likes.

Make sure you have some romantic Cd's loaded ore stand by (Motorhead for example).

Then you serve the leftover pizza from previous night and enjoy together.

While you are together and are enjoying the leftover Pizza , you start the CD, make sure volume is maximum!

Just look at her with a big smile on your face (practise in mirror first).

After half an hour tell her it is time to go to bed......

You could turn the volume a bit down, is more romantic!

Cheers and good luck!

Alex

interesting to see all the blokes are choosing places where you can gorge yourself isnt it. i would also prefer the picnic in the park. nothing too flash. nice bottle of wine, some good food.

Thai women are big eaters & like going to all u can eat places.

We stopped going to picnics in the park coz we would always get people coming up asking for money.

i just dont understand why you would take a date to a buffet. I mean why would you overfeed someone on a date, or give them that option? it kind of moots the whole point of the dating exercise doesn't it?

i just dont understand why you would take a date to a buffet. I mean why would you overfeed someone on a date, or give them that option? it kind of moots the whole point of the dating exercise doesn't it?

Well, for one, you can demonstrate that you're a good food provider :o