Looking for a house removal company in Chiang Mai ASAP!

Kaopad999

Can anyone recommend a removal company in Chiang Mai? . I am looiking to move from one area of San Sai to the other, approx 5 kms distance to the new house. 
I'm looking for the cheapest options possible, I did get some quotations from some of the western owned companies, but they wanted around 6,000 thb for the move, which seems expensive considering that i don't have a huge amount of stuff, and the distance to the new house is only around 5 kms away. 

Thanks! 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

Call John at CM Removals. He has moved my household twice. Fair price and good service.  081-030-7565

How much does he charge for moving TV cabinet, sofa, bed, tables, fridge etc?

6000 expensive? vehicle, man and gas?  I guess it's how much stuff you have and if you need one or two guys. When i dont have much to move I hired a songtao for 600/700 and move stuff myself. If it's a real house move (i.e. more than one trip) 6000 is not expensive.

48 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I did get some quotations from some of the western owned companies, but they wanted around 6,000 thb for the move, which seems expensive

And it is. Your mistake was contacting "the western owned companies" what did you expect?

25 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

6000 expensive? vehicle, man and gas?  I guess it's how much stuff you have and if you need one or two guys. When i dont have much to move I hired a songtao for 600/700 and move stuff myself. If it's a real house move (i.e. more than one trip) 6000 is not expensive.

Point taken, but i will do the packing myself, can help with labour, as i dont mind getting my hands dirty. plus i don't have a great deal of stuff, the big items, 2 mattresses , plus 2 office desks which wont fit in my car. 

18 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Thanks for your helpful suggestion!

Well, I did mentioned the songthaews, and I have a couple of friends who operates them and they'd be thrilled to do it for 3000baht. But with your attitude, I'll not mention them.  Good luck.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Point taken, but i will do the packing myself, can help with labour, as i dont mind getting my hands dirty. plus i don't have a great deal of stuff, the big items, 2 mattresses , plus 2 office desks which wont fit in my car. 

two trips maybe three?  if a songtao they would do that for 1500/2000 probably

On 6/14/2019 at 1:17 PM, jeffandgop said:

Call John at CM Removals. He has moved my household twice. Fair price and good service.  081-030-7565

I second that opinion from experience.
Nothing was broken and nothing damaged or missing after moving about 15 Q to warehouse and later to another town.

IMHO, if you think a proper removal it can be done cheaper then 6.000 B, I think you will need, and I wish you, good luck !
(Open truck, just loading and unloading no wrapping and packing, maybe ! )

46 minutes ago, KKr said:

I second that opinion from experience.
Nothing was broken and nothing damaged or missing after moving about 15 Q to warehouse and later to another town.

IMHO, if you think a proper removal it can be done cheaper then 6.000 B, I think you will need, and I wish you, good luck !
(Open truck, just loading and unloading no wrapping and packing, maybe ! )

Call John at CM Removals. 

I third that opinion. Outstanding. They even hung drapes, disassembled and reassembled a wall unit, etc.

Service above and beyond any expectations. 

• Like 1