Quiet place to stay with half decent pool

bojo

Would any locally informed expat be able to recommend a sensible place to stay around the Pattaya and Jomtien area. I am looking for somewhere which is up to a 10 minute commute or so by bike into town (Pattaya and Jomtien). Which has a decent enough pool to do a few lengths and which has a kind of family feel to it (Thai or foreigner owned or whatever and meaning not high rise and noisy etc). I am staying by myself, would like a kitchette if poss and decent wifi is a must. Budget up to 12K a month or thereabouts for a couple of months starting at the end of this month. Any leads really appreciated. Thanks........

Thanks Henryford for input, I meant to imply more out of town so to speak, not so built up and possibly East of Sukhumvit Road with an almost semi rural feel to it (if there is such a thing....perhaps 15 minutes out of town then!!)

Ditto...View Talay 2A or 2B...you can walk thru the condo and look for rental postings on the door to save some baht...

Have real estate people on site...they will have multiple listings...will cost a little more to use their service...

Just google View Talay 2 rentals to get an idea of the price range...

Good Luck!

22 hours ago, Henryford said:

The problem with out of town is that you are dependent on your own car/bike. No public transport.  Not only is that potentially dangerous but limits you to not drinking if you wish to go out at night.

I am always transport independent, hence why out of town suits. I enjoy the drive ins and always prefer to live in a quieter area, whilst within striking distance of chaos if need be. Drink driving, not my thing ( and I usually prefer to find a couple of decent locals to hang out in to be perfectly honest) and danger, well noone is invincible of that I am fully aware, but I prefer to be in control of my own destiny. and trust myself more than any local. Having seen buses and their occupant's luggage strewn across highways on nearly every long haul trip that I make in the Kingdom it seems and watched cab drivers knocking back the moonshine on duty together with motorbike taxis take risks even I didn't as a London motorbike courier, I shall continue to nip about on my Click.

It is however, always helpful to be reminded of the dangers of drving in the Kingdom, of that I am always appreciative......

why NOT contact one of the many rental/for sale agents that are numerous in Patts and Jomtien.

There is such a vast array of properties to visit for your own satisfaction.

A poster suggests Baan Suan Lalana, YES but a friend of mine left this place due to Koreans and Chinese making too much noise.!!!

13 minutes ago, essox essox said:

why NOT contact one of the many rental/for sale agents that are numerous in Patts and Jomtien.

A poster suggests Baan Suan Lalana, YES but a friend of mine left this place due to Koreans and Chinese making too much noise.!!!

I absolutely shall be, but often rely on this website for first hand impartial recommendations. Lalana is in town also and I really am looking for something which one might deem to be 'old skool family style' 2 or 3 storeys maybe and smaller, greener and more personal.

5 minutes ago, bojo said:

I absolutely shall be, but often rely on this website for first hand impartial recommendations. Lalana is in town also and I really am looking for something which one might deem to be 'old skool family style' 2 or 3 storeys maybe and smaller, greener and more personal.

try Jomtien beach condo....buildings A1....A2 AND A 3...has nice pool and buildings of 15 floors high.....rent is quite cheap....6k to 8 k per month.

34 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Interestingly, the condos there for sale are very reasonably priced.... must be the Asian echo......

46 minutes ago, essox essox said:

try Jomtien beach condo....buildings A1....A2 AND A 3...has nice pool and buildings of 15 floors high.....rent is quite cheap....6k to 8 k per month.

JBC has two pools, AFAIK one can use either if registered owner or guest.

7795487_download(14).jpg.7c0cd234b84cf3cb97fb97a42298117e.jpg851118000_download(13).jpg.737fc5f11d566dcf77f61bc6d06ed591.jpg

S1/2 located beachside of 2nd Rd    :  A1/2/3 on the East side of 2nd Rd.

Note: JBC is a Condominium and not a hotel therefore by law minimum let's are no less than 1 month.

The pool by Blocks S1 & S2 is better for swimming lengths and the pool by A1-A3 better for family fun with a club house.

normally very quiet except for high days and holidays.  

624837305_JBCpools.png.5e22f231c3a2d0f49600e143f9cfdaea.png

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

JBC has two pools, AFAIK one can use either if registered owner or guest.

7795487_download(14).jpg.7c0cd234b84cf3cb97fb97a42298117e.jpg851118000_download(13).jpg.737fc5f11d566dcf77f61bc6d06ed591.jpg

S1/2 located beachside of 2nd Rd    :  A1/2/3 on the East side of 2nd Rd.

Note: JBC is a Condominium and not a hotel therefore by law minimum let's are no less than 1 month.

The pool by Blocks S1 & S2 is better for swimming lengths and the pool by A1-A3 better for family fun with a club house.

normally very quiet except for high days and holidays.  

624837305_JBCpools.png.5e22f231c3a2d0f49600e143f9cfdaea.png

Thanks Basil B (for detailed info) and others for taking the time to reply, but as per mentioned in the thread here, I really am looking for low rise, more family style and outa town...cheers

2 minutes ago, bojo said:

Thanks Basil B (for detailed info) and others for taking the time to reply, but as per mentioned in the thread here, I really am looking for low rise, more family style and outa town...cheers

Could try to see if there is any rentals at View Talay Villas... 

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Could try to see if there is any rentals at View Talay Villas... 

My original post mentions a budget of approx 12K monthly...a quick google and View talay is way beyond my budget...cheers

14 minutes ago, bojo said:

My original post mentions a budget of approx 12K monthly...a quick google and View talay is way beyond my budget...cheers

Holland Tulip (http://www.hollandtulip-resort.com/) would seem to fit your requirements, it's 13K pm for a 3 month contract but I'm sure they would be open to listening to offers if they have availability (can't hurt to ask).

image.png.6e3e7e4105b42fe36b2c4de934901922.png

Archived