International Driver's License, work permit or affidavit of address?

chakeeoyen

If you're not a Thai national, then you will also need to being one of the following:
  1. If you're a Thai Permanent Resident, you will need to bring your House Registration.
  2. If you're a foreign national (e.g. on a work permit or other type of visa), then you will need to bring along an Affidavit of Residence which can be obtained at your embassy. In some cases, your work permit may suffice depending on the official looking after your case that day.
  3. Please see: https://www.bulsuk.com/2013/01/how-to-get-international-drivers.html

5 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

That page is actually why I asked. Anyone have experience using a work permit to obtain one?

There's no such thing as an International Driver's License. 

My work permit was enough to apply for an International Permit, but that was in the lower northeast and a few years ago.

It's 500 baht, and you should have the five-year driver's license, they won't issue one if you're on a one year license. 

4 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

they won't issue one if you're on a one year license

Is that because there is no one year licence? ????

^ Wouldn't normally but given the pedantic start to that post ...

I have a Thai bike and car lic issue from Pattaya a few years ago. When going to Thai Immigration in Bkk they would not issue a residence cert. So I went back to Pattaya and renewed the lic without a problem on an Ed visa while living in Bkk. Boggles the mind!

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk