Foodpanda In Hat Yai

recom273

Please feel to shoot me down if this is old news.

I took a trip to Siam Nakarin today, I saw about 8 foodpanda delivery bikes either parked or whizzing about, I checked the app and there are a handful of restaurants offering the service in Hat Yai including Da Shi Xi Noodles.

Let’s hope it’s a success, the only thing i can get delivered to my place is Pizza company ( I wonder if homeless’ will join up )

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, recom273 said:

Please feel to shoot me down if this is old news.

It was news to me. As you say the app shows a handful of outlets signed up so far, though you'd think with the plethora of food stalls and outlets around Hat Yai there'd not be enough demand. Maybe it's our Malaysian tourists that are responsible, Food Panda is popular across the border. Would be good having Homeless sign up and A Little, plus a couple of the Japanese restaurants, I might be tempted then.

19 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

"Shoot me down"...likely an apt description of what may happen to delivery people there...

Double yawn.

I think it may have only started recently, there is a new dark building a little way down from Siam Nakarin, maybe it’s their offices - I guess it will take a little time for the reps to get out and spread the word, the delivery all seems free, so sellers must have to pay food Panda 10-20%,

i guess a lot of businesses are wary of this, smartphone thing.

One problem, I logged on at 9.30 last night and nothing was available to my area, when I was a couple of km down the road I could see McDonalds and ramen places for delivery, both of which are 24 hr spots. Maybe they don’t have enough drivers or won’t cover Klong Hae. 

ETS: yup, no riders in the night time - and McDs still won’t deliver to my area. No great loss

A Little? Is that a morning dim sum? Or do they have other dishes. I have been meaning to give it a try.

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

A Little?

Yes, mainly Dim Sum- it's excellent, they're open 7am-2pm and 6pm-9pm - so not just for breakfast. Dim Sum, plus noodle dishes, char siew and roast duck.

'A Little' is on Foodpanda, and we had breakfast from them this morning. It arrived on time, all nice and hot, the delivery bike found the house without any drama, nothing squished or squashed. Cash on delivery. Will use again.

There's quite a few more outlets signed up, over 100 now. I spotted Billin Cafe and Bistro is now signed on, that's not good news -my waist line is in serious danger as they make an awesome lemon meringue tart. 

Damn, they don’t A Little don’t seem to appear in my local area list, Klong Hae, nor does Billin.

The outlets must set their own boundaries, I noticed that I can get a Khao Soi delivery, the only collection of Northern Thai food stalls I know of are around the bus station.

Well you're about 4km out of town, we're in Hat Yai Nai, about 2km from the town centre. I guess the restaurants or Foodpanda, set some sort of delivery maximum radius.

Archived