Mysterious ‘black pipes’ reappear of Yimyom Beach

Rimmer

Mysterious ‘black pipes’ reappear of Yimyom Beach

n1-J-12-08-Yin-Yom-beach.jpg

PATTAYA:--The mysterious “black pipes” are back off of a Pattaya beach.

Fresh claims about the ghost pipes surfaced June 12, with people posting to social media about sightings off Yim Yom Beach.

The same fables circulated in 2016 after breakaway pieces of the failed Pattaya Marina washed up on Facebook. The “pipes” are pieces of the buoys used to surround the 700-million-baht marina built between 2004 and 2008 and never opened due to repeated problems and funding shortages.

It now sits rotting near Bali Hai Pier.

Facebook addicts also posted more complaints about sewage and trash that continue to ruin the image of Yimyom Beach.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-06-17--

26 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

The mysteriousblack pipes” are back off of a Pattaya beach.

" mysterious black pipes " .. Hahahaha .. That makes 'em sound like some sort of street gang on drugs .. 

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The “pipes” are pieces of the buoys used to surround the 700-million-baht marina built between 2004 and 2008 and never opened due to repeated problems and funding shortages

I love this 700mill just gone and still have funding problem 

it show how corrupt Thailand really are and how bad they are to fixing any problems..... 

5 minutes ago, 30la said:

Calling things by their name, this is a drain pipe that allows environmental criminals to dump their shit in the sea!

Could be right there 30la. I think that they look more like drain pipes than waterlogged floating buoys.

If they are pipes, are they operational?

However, Rimmer reckons they are parts of the marina project. Who am I to argue? I was last there in 2009. Different world down there.

Archived