Rejection or exams on ED visa extension?

Did anyone get tested when extending their ED ? if so, is it a real interview or just questions over the counter ?

Are there immigration officers that known to test you ? (we need to go to Koh Samui)

or a story of someone who got rejected for not knowing Thai language ?

Thanks.

Yonks ago when I was learning Mandarin Chinese, the IO said he's test me, but since he didn't know any Chinese, he said he's do it in Thai....

Luckily I already spoke Thai  very well...

Thai logic ????

• Haha 2

As from my experiences at CW, They asked random person and only question over counter. Nothing serious.. but at least you need to know basic Thai language, daily conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back when I was on an Ed visa (2012-14 in Chiang Mai) when it came time for renewal, there wasn’t any sort of formal exam, and I was accompanied by a person from my school.  It was a legit school so I actually did have to study and learn.  Now, years later, I’m glad I went that way vs a visa mill school. 

The immigration officers way of “testing” my proficiency was just some basic conversational questions that really were quite simple.  Such as...

”what is your name?”

”where are you originally from?”

”what is your favorite food”

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Yonks ago when I was learning Mandarin Chinese, the IO said he's test me, but since he didn't know any Chinese, he said he's do it in Thai....

Luckily I already spoke Thai  very well...

Thai logic ????

That's hilarious!

"Ok... poot paasaa Cheen, dai mai?"

"Dai nitnoi khrap. Gamlang rian yuu."

"Ooh - poot keng mak jang loei!" 

A few years back (like 3 or 4, Koh Samui imm office was still in Nathon) I was given a sheet of paper with a request to "write something" (in Thai). So I wrote usual crap like "My name is, I'm from, I like Thailand mak-mak", the immigration officer was really impressed, as in "you goddamn f-cking kidding me, you didn't write that, who wrote that for you?". Next extension they asked me to write names of my favorite Thai dishes, that was a good laugh for them as I made a whole bunch of mistakes

Edited by Noob81
mentioned it was in Koh Samui

It all depends on your province and immigration office I think.

3 years ago in Chiang Mai they tested my Thai skills with some basic questions. After the new immigration office at the airport was finished it kind of stopped for me and they just extend without asking anything.

Last friday they tested several people at Savannakhet. I went there by visarun company and from our group of 27 people there were 6 or 7 ED-Visas refused. But they tested only people who stay in Thailand on a ED-Visa for many years. It was a test in talk Thai and for 2 girls from russia to write in Thai.