Garmin Nuvi 310

MarcoH

Just ordered Nuvi 310 and if any one has it, what ya think abt it.

not so much different from 300, bluetooth and something else,,I loik POI where 1 can put warning i.e police regular plases can be plased there.

but your input wud be nice

thnx

not so much different from 300, bluetooth and something else,,I loik POI where 1 can put warning i.e police regular plases can be plased there.

thnx

Do you mean, you have maps of Thailand? I couldn't find it and would appreciate any help. Actually I have some sort of a navigation built in my Volvo (XC90), but it's crap.

thnx

Do you mean, you have maps of Thailand? I couldn't find it and would appreciate any help. Actually I have some sort of a navigation built in my Volvo (XC90), but it's crap.

Nuvi is coming with fully loaded THAI map,, but as addition if one want to visit this yahoo group is good for building and talking abt roads and building new maps to garmin..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tgmm/

"Thailand garmin map makers"

also updated maps for garmin and other's

http://mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com/catalogue.php

hope it helps

-marco-

I've got one and love it. Had to get a antenna repeater to boost the signals, so far so good.

Wish they have the traffic avoidance system in BKK, quite possibly the only place in the world where they need it the most but don't have it !!!

The Mrs. thought it was a toy and said " why do u need it" (asked why she needed make up :o ) Well, she a preacher now. We were out scouting for houses yesterday, and it was a handy tool.

Gets confused going down sukhimvit/ ploenchit....... but for the rest its relatively spot on. Only thing its not good in predicting traffic jams, and may lead u on a heavy conjested road. Found alot of new very little soi's in my hood which i never knew existed, subsequently cutting the time getting from suk 55 to asoke area.

Generally Thumbs up!!

The Mrs. thought it was a toy and said " why do u need it" (asked why she needed make up :o ) Well, she a preacher now. We were out scouting for houses yesterday, and it was a handy tool.

Gets confused going down sukhimvit/ ploenchit....... but for the rest its relatively spot on. Only thing its not good in predicting traffic jams, and may lead u on a heavy conjested road. Found alot of new very little soi's in my hood which i never knew existed, subsequently cutting the time getting from suk 55 to asoke area.

Generally Thumbs up!!

Thnx lads,, nice comments and seems in the garmin pages also that there is not so much negative comment's abt it,,,

for my usage is bit different than you guys as i live in NE-TH, traveling long distance and towns, have all the shrt cuts in the map currently but easier to put them to nuvi and just clarification,,, 310 has also voice command in English?

and how is the bluetooth working if you have tested to your mobile phone

Voice command?, if you mean instructions then yes, ie: "Turn left in 400 meters."

Bluetooth, yes, works with my Ipaq 6945 and various other phones. With my Ipaq, I can search my contact list from the 310, this feature is dependant from phone to phone... meaning not everyphone will work like this with the 310.

Can make and receive calls from the 310.

Quality of calls are good, I can hear the caller just fine and it is acceptable. On the other end, the caller said my voice is acceptable.

Voice command?, if you mean instructions then yes, ie: "Turn left in 400 meters."

Bluetooth, yes, works with my Ipaq 6945 and various other phones. With my Ipaq, I can search my contact list from the 310, this feature is dependant from phone to phone... meaning not everyphone will work like this with the 310.

Quality of calls are good, I can hear the caller just fine and it is acceptable. On the other end, the caller said my voice is acceptable.

Hi Indo

Thanx and yes i ment voice instructions,,,is there nice female voice in the menu???? :o

im running N serie nokia and hope it would work on it.

thnx again

Hi Indo

Thanx and yes i ment voice instructions,,,is there nice female voice in the menu???? :o

im running N serie nokia and hope it would work on it.

thnx again

The voice is female, I personnally think the voice is OK.

• 2 weeks later...