3BB/Asus router setup help

Genericnic

Hi all. 

I just switched from DSL to 3BB fibre optic internet. The tech came out and did the installation of the Fibrehome router/modem (Model AN5506-04-FA) and it is working fine. The problem is that I have a new Asus RT-AC68U wifi router that I want to use because it has better security features but the setup is making me nuts. I got the DSL set up in about 10 minutes and thought that this would be similar. LOL To do the new setup, I have to put the Fibrehome in bridge mode and then set up the Asus router. 

I am reasonably tech savvy but this has been driving me crazy. I tried a number of different configurations with no luck. I posted in the Computer IT forum and tried the suggestions I got there. Still no luck.

The reason I am posting this in the CM forum is that I am looking for someone or some company locally that can either walk me through the setup or come to the house and do it. My guess is that it is probably something simple but it is only simple if you know what you are looking for. ????

So, has anyone had similar issues and if so did you find someone to resolve them? Any assistance appreciated.

David

I have the exact same setup, the fibre router 3bb provide is pretty terrible, once in bridge mode just plug it into your Asus router to manage the network,, I cannot seem to understand why it's not working for you, perhaps the slight possibility that your fibre router is faulty?

Another option you could try is leave it as (no bridge mode) and still plug it into your Asus, hence having two networks, 

• Like 1

" Another option you could try is leave it as (no bridge mode) and still plug it into your Asus, hence having two networks, "

Excerpt from https://www.pcworld.com/article/3175739/how-to-identify-and-resolve-double-nat-problems.html

[One] option for eliminating double NAT while keeping a ISP gateway and your router is to run an ethernet cable from the gateway to one of your router’s LAN ports instead of the router’s WAN (internet) port. This will basically turn your router into a switch, and any computers connecting through the router (either wired or wirelessly) will get NAT, firewall, and DHCP from the ISP’s gateway. This is a good option if you’re using a secondary router to get better Wi-Fi or because you need more ethernet ports. If, on the other hand, your desire for another router is for better port forwarding or improved QoS controls, this approach won’t help.

• Like 2