Thai Drivers License (Car)

bbi1

I already have a car drivers license from my home country. If I wish to get a Thai drivers license here in Pattaya, what's needed to be done to get one? Also where do you go to get it and how much is it? I'm on a METV (tourist visa) & do want to get a Thai license too.

I've read here on another website: 

You can use an International Driving Permit as a tourist, but if you’ve been in the country for 60 days or more then you are supposed to get a Thai driving license. Having a valid driving license from your home country will make the process of getting a Thai driving license go faster. With a valid license you won’t be required to take the theory or practical (driving) exams.

Edited by bbi1

16 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

About how much should we expect to pay for this service? 

most are around 3,000 baht for one license, 5,000 for two

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

most are around 3,000 baht for one license, 5,000 for two

What do they actually do for 3000 baht? Are you still required to go to the Transport Dept. and sit for the colour, reaction and perception tests as well as watch the video?

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

What do they actually do for 3000 baht? Are you still required to go to the Transport Dept. and sit for the colour, reaction and perception tests as well as watch the video?

Not sure, have just seen the prices quoted.  Would be interested to know if they just go with you and hand hold.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure, have just seen the prices quoted.  Would be interested to know if they just go with you and hand hold.

That's an expensive hand hold if you still have to sit for and pass all the other tests.