People watching options along lower Suk.....,

Sandy Freckle

Sometimes I sit and think..., and sometimes I just sit.
However..., I really enjoy 'people watching' with a cold beverage and snack and maybe a random chat etc. It can be quite entertaining. I have to be in town for a week, have quite a bit free time between appointments. I have some favourite places to hang..., Lumpini Park, Irish pub on Soi 4, Foodland on Soi 5, Landmark etc etc. Can anyone recommend other people watching places along lower Suk ? 

Edited by Sandy Freckle

Just now, madmen said:

All of soi 5 is just an extension of soi 3 now. 

what a shame, used to be a good place to chill, especially in the evening, when there would be little cameos of life all around you. I guess things inevitably change with time.  

23 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Have a 1 day break at Lower Sukhumvit, and try the pub middle of Sukhumvit 55, for a noon/afternoon drink. 

You will see different people you are use to in Lower Sukhumvit. 

I think I understand what you're saying...,  so, yes indeed, I don't mind going up Sukhumvit for a look see either..., and I like the On Nut area also..., I like a bit of a walk...., also, I'm looking to get a hair cut...., any good cutters around ? 

Edited by Sandy Freckle
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Google

Black Amber Barber Shop

and have a drink at :

Black Amber Social Club

..., looks interesting...., I'll definitely check that place out !

Edited by Sandy Freckle
  • Like 1

One of my favorite spots is Indulge rest/bar at Sukhumvit Suites Hotel between soi 21 and 23. Good food and cold beer also, but not among the cheapest……..

• Like 2

the Bloom Cafe has a nice quiet terrace attached to the Dynasty Grande hotel on soi 6...also a good menu (but stay away from the burgers or anything with ground beef)...closes about 11pm then ye can head 1/2 block up to Nana or the opposite direction thru the passageway to Lolitas to finish off the night...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I quite enjoyed late arvo at Cheap Charlie's(back when it existed)..., even though it was tucked away around the corner on Soi 11, giving it a somewhat tunnel vision effect. However, in spite of itself, CC's atmosphere was always 'congenial'.., if nothing else, and Ive met and had great conversations with some very interesting characters there, over those years ! Soi 11 was and is still, not a bad location for an 'optic nerve' !
I don't suppose there would be a similar open air bar with similar...., ummm 'conviviality' ? 

Edited by Sandy Freckle

9 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

I quite enjoyed late arvo at Cheap Charlie's(back when it existed)..., even though it was tucked away around the corner on Soi 11, giving it a somewhat tunnel vision effect. However, in spite of itself, CC's atmosphere was always 'congenial'.., if nothing else, and Ive met and had great conversations with some very interesting characters there, over those years ! Soi 11 was and is still, not a bad location for an 'optic nerve' !
I don't suppose there would be a similar open air bar with similar...., ummm 'conviviality' ? 

Yes Soi 11 across from the Aloft. Unbelievable the guys with gals or the gals just streaming in that you will see around 9- 10-11pm onwards as it has a late disco. That is probably the best in BKK now.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:36 PM, bergen said:

One of my favorite spots is Indulge rest/bar at Sukhumvit Suites Hotel between soi 21 and 23. Good food and cold beer also, but not among the cheapest……..

and a great selection of cocktails