India is the answer! Indians flood Walking Street after bad week for Pattaya

rooster59

24 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

LOL. I wonder why western tourists always think they are the best what can happen to another country. I have never seen a Chinese tourist drunk, never saw one fighting or walking topless through a city far away from the beach, they never sprayed walls. Yes, many of them are not perfect - but not worse than a European, Aussie or Ami in average. Many of the expensive hotels are full of Chinese - westeners are looking often for the cheapest places. 
Russians are famous for being good drinkers. Ok, after a while they become loud. Westeners are searching where to get the cheapest beer.

You never see Chinese drinking or fighting OMG look YouTube 

and about farangs only looking for cheap places to stay is just shows you don't know anything about farangs or expats 

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That's because the Thai government in cahoots with the Thai media are currently running an anti-farang campaign. Probably because we make comments about his corrupt government he doesn't like, where the Chinese and Indians see his government is the same as theirs, and they know to keep their mouths shut or else.

That's a valid point 

1 minute ago, petemoss said:

There is a reason that you never see a Russisn with a Thai sex worker. They are extremely racist against Thais, a Russian man would rather die than be seen with a Thai woman.

Some Russian. But I know thai woman in Phuket with a Russian husband. He speak thai well, live here ten year already, have business in Thailand. But she was not sex worker. They about the same age. Normal people.

I'm sorry but I refuse to say here some of the things they say about Thai women, really disgusting. I'll just repeat one word and you'll get the idea, "ling".

Dont worry, some thai people the same. “Buffalo, monitor lizard” 

Chinese men do go with Thai women, but has already been pointed out, when they come to Thailand, the will spend almost nothing.

Thai woman, or Thai sex worker? 

You know that most Thai woman is not the sex worker right? 

7 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Sure I have heard about it. But here it sounds that western tourists are perfect and Chinese, Russians and Indians are the worst tourists on earth. 

That's because farangs, generally are much better tourists. For one, individually, they put far more money into the Thai economy than the other groups do. Also, maybe they are better behaved because they were brought up in more civilised societies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Curtain hotel ok for that. No problem.

Why public? Act like real wife?  Make people uncomfortable because everyone know.

Tell you what, tell us the name of the hotel you work in, I'll contact your manager and ask him if he wants my business or not? I'm guessing you'd be sacked on the spot for your comments.

(That is if you're not a white male troll pretending to be a Thai woman)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Parker2100 said:

Westerners, generally, are prepared to spend more money.  Do you disagree?

Yes, I disagree. I am living in Chiang Mai. The cheap guesthouses are full of western tourists, they like also the dorms. The good hostels and hotels are full of Chinese and Koreans. They would never sleep in a dorm. Right now the guest houses are empty, because less westeners. One week ago my wife and I were at a dinner buffet at a 4* hotel. The waitress told us, that they are fully booked - mostly with Koreans.
A friend has a good restaurant. He loves the Chinese. They come with 2 people and order 4 dishes, eat and leave. A western couple share one dish and sit there for hours. Often he put "reserved" signs on the tables to hold them free for Chinese guests and say western people "sorry, we are fully booked". 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

and about farangs only looking for cheap places to stay is just shows you don't know anything about farangs or expats 

Yes, I know nothing since the years I live in Thailand and all my friends working in the hotels and restaurants tell me lies...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, I know nothing since the years I live in Thailand and all my friends working in the hotels and restaurants tell me lies...

That sounds about right. Your story of your friend telling farangs that he was fully booked so that he could hold the tables for Chinese customers, was hilarious.

Hans Christian Anderson ain't got nothing on you. 555

8 minutes ago, petemoss said:

That's because farangs, generally are much better tourists. For one, individually, they put far more money into the Thai economy than the other groups do. Also, maybe they are better behaved because they were brought up in more civilised societies.

Yes, I guess that´s the reason why the expensive hotels in Chiang Mai are full of Koreans and Chinese and the dorms are full of farangs. Do you remember the boat accident last year at Phuket? All the Chinese they died lived in the Le Meridien. So cheap tourists. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Tell you what, tell us the name of the hotel you work in, I'll contact your manager and ask him if he wants my business or not? I'm guessing you'd be sacked on the spot for your comments.

Wrong. My friend hotel, before I just work to help them thai and farang new year high season. They love me. Not sacked sure.

They have policy about “unregistered guest” in the room after 9pm. 

For that reason. Most/every 4 and 5 star in Phuket and Phangnga have the same rule. Trust me, they don’t want the sex tourist. 

Sometime the sex tourist bring the sex worker when check in. We can not stop that if they already book and pay. But give them room at the end and boss tells us not to be friendly.

is true.

• Like 1

Just now, CNXexpat said:

Yes, I guess that´s the reason why the expensive hotels in Chiang Mai are full of Koreans and Chinese and the dorms are full of farangs. Do you remember the boat accident last year at Phuket? All the Chinese they died lived in the Le Meridien. So cheap tourists. 

Dreamer. What nationality are you?

32 minutes ago, Yinn said:

This thred funny. Say bad thing about Indian people, no problem. But say true about sex tourist and people so hurt.

Same way you feel when people tell the truth about Thai people, right?

If you tell Thai person the truth, almost every time smile but secretly get angry and stop listening. Please don't lecture people about willingness to listen to criticism. My opinion? Thai people maybe worst in the world for listening to constructive feedback.

Edited by Gecko123

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Wrong. My friend hotel, before I just work to help them thai and farang new year high season. They love me. Not sacked sure.

For that reason. Most/every 4 and 5 star in Phuket and Phangnga have the same rule. Trust me, they don’t want the sex tourist. 

Sometime the sex tourist bring the sex worker when check in. We can not stop that if they already book and pay. But give them room at the end and boss tells us not to be friendly.

is true.

Not the 4 and 5 star hotels that I've stayed in in Phuket. All are guest friendly.

Edited by petemoss
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, I disagree. I am living in Chiang Mai. The cheap guesthouses are full of western tourists, they like also the dorms. The good hostels and hotels are full of Chinese and Koreans. They would never sleep in a dorm. Right now the guest houses are empty, because less westeners. One week ago my wife and I were at a dinner buffet at a 4* hotel. The waitress told us, that they are fully booked - mostly with Koreans.
A friend has a good restaurant. He loves the Chinese. They come with 2 people and order 4 dishes, eat and leave. A western couple share one dish and sit there for hours. Often he put "reserved" signs on the tables to hold them free for Chinese guests and say western people "sorry, we are fully booked". 

You are right. The hotel owner like Korean guest the most. They are polite, clean follow the rules.

Chinese don’t follow rule so much. But are easy customer because go outside all day.

555European do take a long time after finish eat. And stay hotel all day 555555

But everyone is welcome if they polite. Bring a sex worker is not polite.

Most European don’t bring the sex worker. But some do.

18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I always book a double room and tell them my gf is arriving later.

Until booking.com (et al) requires both guests names, I would just ask for a refund if the hotel refused the second guest. 

Anyway your last post about Koreans convinces me you're not Thai. Koreans are the worst customers anywhere in Asia, known for their violence, shouting and drunken behaviour.

On ignore now, I don't want to read troll posts. 

Edited by BritManToo

One more reason to get the hell out of here. My lease expire in December and my visa is due for renewal in Feb...I'm going elsewhere. I have loved my many years here but nothing good lasts forever. I am just thankful that I didn't get buried in a Condo here and have to take a financial bath like lots of my friends. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petemoss said:

That sounds about right. Your story of your friend telling farangs that he was fully booked so that he could hold the tables for Chinese customers, was hilarious.

Come to Chiang Mai and you can talk with him. If not, pamper your prejudices. But perhaps you are only at cheap places and never see the valued Chinese, Koreans, etc. 

3 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Your making the same mistake Thai officials make.  Your comparing a large group to 2 Westerners.

I am in Bangkok, not Chiang Mai.  Except for the Kaosan area, we don't really have an unreasonable number of Backpackers.

You think that whole group of Chinese is paying full price for those rooms?  Think again.  You should compare a single Westerner to a single Chinese.  My bet is that Westerners outspend by quite a bit when everything is averaged out.

Why does Thailand need to choose anyway?  I think it would benefit them more to attract Westerners than Africa, as recently announced.  Even with the fall of the Euro and Pound.

They are unquestionably making it harder, and harder for Westerners to come and stay longer than 2 weeks. 

Thailand's tourism is down and Cambodia & Vietnam are way up. Coincidence?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Be careful what you wish for, Thailand. 

Thailands , wish is for many foreigners money.   Colour skin not important.

Colour money,  important more .

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I always book a double room and tell them my gf is arriving later.

Until booking.com (et al) requires both guests names, I would just ask for a refund if the hotel refused the second guest. 

True, I always do the same. Once in Phuket, the receptionist (maybe Yinn) asked me if I had a second guest booking in. "Yes," I replied, she'll be joining me later". She then asked me for her name, "Dunno" I replied, "I haven't met her yet!". We all laughed. I've never had a problem, in Thailand, bringing a lady to my room.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Not the 4 and 5 star hotels that I've stayed in in Phuket. All are guest friendly.

“Guest” you mean the sex worker? 

You check in with her? Or not? 

Which hotel? I don’t think so. Most 5 star don’t have any sex tourist. They all have the policy.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

(That is if you're not a white male troll pretending to be a Thai woman)

This explain it a bit. Is true. 

http://guestfriendlyphuket.com/

17 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Be careful, directors of hotels tell him all the different rates hotel charges and naturally its a 5 star hotel and naturally "director" tells him because he is a regular at said hotel????????

Thankfully there is no shortage of members with vivid imagination this days. but beats the old days when all were ex SAS or Delta Forces and SWAT

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Parker2100 said:

Your making the same mistake Thai officials make.  Your comparing a large group to 2 Westerners.

I am in Bangkok, not Chiang Mai.  Except for the Kaosan area, we don't really have an unreasonable number of Backpackers.

You think that whole group of Chinese is paying full price for those rooms?  Think again.  You should compare a single Westerner to a single Chinese.  My bet is that Westerners outspend by quite a bit when everything is averaged out.

Why does Thailand need to choose anyway?  I think it would benefit them more to attract Westerners than Africa, as recently announced.  Even with the fall of the Euro and Pound.

They are unquestionably making it harder, and harder for Westerners to come and stay longer than 2 weeks. 

You think that whole group of Chinese is paying full price for those rooms?

I know it. In Chiang Mai are not so many group travellers from China or Korea, most individual travellers. They also like to eat at the restaurants of by example the Le Meridien and pay the full price. Expats get a 30% discounts if they are regular customers. 

My bet is that Westerners outspend by quite a bit when everything is averaged out.

My bet is that you will lose this bet.

Yes, I have been in Hanoi in March and it was full of western tourists. I also think that Myanmar will be the next big thing, when they have more good and not overpriced hotels. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Western people don't care what hotel service staff think.

Your job is to serve us.

Every 5* hotel in the world has old guys with hookers as customers, it's what rich guys do.

Often the hotel will provide the girls.

Judging by your posting comments it has been many years, if ever,  you have been in a five star hotel. 

Edited by emptypockets