India is the answer! Indians flood Walking Street after bad week for Pattaya

rooster59

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

POST 107, SOUTHALL closer to me ha ha 30 + years ago i was a white man, delivering all round London, it was hard to find a white face then  to ask directions, (hate to think what is is like today) at that time my brother in law, was being constantly pestered by Indians knocking his door, wanting to buy his house, they had cases full of money. i kid you not. he was the only UK guy left in his street.  

On 7/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, Just1Voice said:

Be careful what you wish for, Thailand. 

Yes i'm feeling rather sad so far in the pattaya land area they have bought palmers,cheers,sin bin and several other shop houses all turned into restaurants/guesthouses with no customers,money laundering?

4 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

POST 107, SOUTHALL closer to me ha ha 30 + years ago i was a white man, delivering all round London, it was hard to find a white face then  to ask directions, (hate to think what is is like today) at that time my brother in law, was being constantly pestered by Indians knocking his door, wanting to buy his house, they had cases full of money. i kid you not. he was the only UK guy left in his street.  

Go on mercman24; spill the beans. Did he sell up?

14 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

One more reason to get the hell out of here. My lease expire in December and my visa is due for renewal in Feb...I'm going elsewhere. I have loved my many years here but nothing good lasts forever. I am just thankful that I didn't get buried in a Condo here and have to take a financial bath like lots of my friends. 

Why would anyone that has bought a Home for 5 to 15 million baht cash need to to take bath and do a runner? I have a beautiful large condo lower Sukhumvit and life could not be any better. On the contrary the only people I know that recently left were desperates running from a crappy rented shoebox with little money to another country into another crappy rented shoebox...They will NEVER be satisfied with their lives

Maybe you should try speaking to the non white people as well
After 43 years in London I was shocked to find out they speak English to.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I was in Tesco, near Jomtien, last night and it was full of Indian looking people. When I was leaving I saw the group leader walking them back to the 5 large tour buses that were waiting for them.  What was surprising was that maybe 1 out of 10 even had a bag in their hand.  A few were  holding water bottles or drinks.  Most had nothing. 
?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 7/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, ezzra said:

Once there the europeans who flooded Pattaya, then there were those Russians, than came the Chinese and now the Indians, as Thailand is desperate for those tourist's dollars, i wonder who's going to be next...

Well with the weakness of foreign currency it's hard to say 1 £ yesterday 37.B .

15 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, I guess that´s the reason why the expensive hotels in Chiang Mai are full of Koreans and Chinese and the dorms are full of farangs. Do you remember the boat accident last year at Phuket? All the Chinese they died lived in the Le Meridien. So cheap tourists. 

Meaby farangs rent condo's or apartment.... or buy them for live with family... 

Dorms are for backpackers... 

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Border countries are gleefully rubbing their hands together and saying thank-you thank-you thank-you Thailand. They're 40% up in tourist figures this year already.

The much heralded Vietnam isn't. Nowhere near it.

' Tourist arrivals in Vietnam edged up 0.2 percent year-on-year to 1.19 million in June 2019 from 1.18 million in the same month a year earlier. Visitors increased from Europe (2.3 percent), namely from Russia (3.7 percent), Germany (6.9 percent), and the Netherlands (9.3 percent); America (7.4 percent), mostly from the US (8.3 percent).'

https://tradingeconomics.com/vietnam/tourist-arrivals

15 minutes ago, Traubert said:

' Tourist arrivals in Vietnam edged up 0.2 percent year-on-year to 1.19 million in June 2019 from 1.18 million in the same month a year earlier. Visitors increased from Europe (2.3 percent), namely from Russia (3.7 percent), Germany (6.9 percent), and the Netherlands (9.3 percent); America (7.4 percent), mostly from the US (8.3 percent).'

I'm one of their new tourists, once last year, 3x this year.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:17 AM, Gecko123 said:

67058026_1087873264737341_4267256592207970304_n.jpg

I must say that if the front and second row of people in this photo are representative of Pattaya's Indian community, they appear to be affable, well-groomed, well-dressed, hard-working, and likeable people, totally undeserving of the constant bashing you read on this forum.

And if they're not?

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm one of their new tourists, once last yer, 3x this year.

I read your reports/posts, you seemed happy with everything. Fair do's.

I've visited four or five times and I was underwhelmed by most things except the food, which was exceptional, and Halong Bay which was spectacular. Chuck in the HCM museum in Hanoi too, and Vinpearl.

I still think Thailand has more to offer.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

A better test would be to send in an Indian gentleman with 5,000bht in his hand, and see how many wanted to go home with him. I'd guess all of them.

I would say all of them would say no, as they would presume the Indian guy has 5 or 6 more of his mates waiting in the hotel room.

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Why spoil the BS party with actual facts. The next category will be Thailand's low class and poor expat rejects adding to the list

LUCKY LUCKY Vietnam 

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to put up a sign saying all customers must purchase food.

Then refuse to serve four guys, trying to order one food item.

Cant see this happening in restaurants but the bars yes, it’s already happening.

I was recently at Tim bar on 2nd road next to the Avenue mall, the 5 Indian guys who were entering the bar were all given a menu at the door, all had to buy one drink each before they could enter the bar.

As I walked in I heard one of the Indian guys ask the doorman “why does he not need to buy a drink ?”. I didn’t hear the the doorman’s reply, the Indians did not follow me into the bar.

18 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Sure I have heard about it. But here it sounds that western tourists are perfect and Chinese, Russians and Indians are the worst tourists on earth. 
8 Million Chinese came to Thailand last year. Let there be 5% idiots. That are 400,000 idiots, what means, that for sure you will see some of them. There came 1 million Europeans, 5% of them are 50,000 but it feels that there are more because I read every day bad stories about them.

Thats correct......you hit the Trifecta

Yes brink more Indians 

they can buy more coke and 4 draws 

and want a discount 

ask any taxi driver about Indians

they hate them as they never want to pay full fare that’s on the meter 

even the shops and restaurants they want discounts 

another bad mistake by the Thai government 

I’m sad for the genuine Thai people trying to make a living 

????????????

On 7/13/2019 at 11:01 AM, Humpy said:

The girls in the GoGo bars do not like Indian men, full stop. Don't believe me ? ..then pop into any GoGo bar in Walking Street and ask the ladies  !!

They prefer Indians and charge them less. And Arabs. If they are clean shaven. They might say otherwise to you to salve your ego. But look around Pattaya and see pretty Thai girls arm in arm with Indian lads.

19 hours ago, fullcave said:

Seems the military junta after only five years has killed the golden goose of tourism. 

According to the News and wiki - Tourism in Thailand is increasing every year, and has doubled in the last 9 years.  2.5 Trillion Baht from tourism in 2018

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1619182/record-38-27m-tourists-in-2018-41m-expected-in-2019

Archived