Buy Suitcase, near Soi Nana

chiangrai

I am just about to fly to Bangkok and I see the zipper is going on my suitcase and I need to buy a new one. 

I was only planning to stay overnight in Bangkok and will be staying in Sucomvit,soi 4.

I don't, the know Bangkok at all but now I have to go buy a suitcase while I'm there. What is the nearest place I can go to by taxi that will have a large cheap suitcase. 

I don't, the want to have to figure out the sky train,just hotel, taxi and shop. 

What do I tell the taxi driver. 

MBK is cheap but it's really far from where you're staying. I can't guarantee it's still there but there's been a popup tent thing outside of Robinsons/Mc Donalds in Asoke selling suitcases the last few weeks. You may want to look there first. You can tell the Taxi Robinsons, if that provokes a "huh?" You can say BTS Asoke or Mc Donalds Asoke.. failing that say Terminal 21 and walk back a little. Look out for Mc D/ white tents etc. on the left side (driving side) of the road.

Maybe too late but if you didn't find a suitable suitecase around Nana, then go to Big-C, just down from Central World.  Exit Chit Lom BTS and take the walkway.

I've consistently found the best deals on inexpensive suitcases at Big-C.