Thai washing machines seem hard on clothes

Hal65

I put in a shirt with a pin hole and it came out with a pencil-diameter hole. And one of my boxer shorts was shredded bad for some reason (it was old but I don't think it was scratched up). 

Those machines seem to go at quite high RPM and probably get snapped on the various hard pieces on other clothes. Do you guys have any tips for having the washing machine do less damage to one's clothing?

Gentle cycle and use enough water.  Trying to fill the washer with as little water as possible (my wife) will result in more wear and tear on your clothes as I have discovered.  I never hang them in the direct sunlight either, always in the shade and use liquid downy in the rinse.

9 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Suspect you're using a top loader which 'clean' by pulling and tearing at the clothes. Get yourself a good front loader with wide/deep drum. The LG direct drive ones are very good.

No hookups, I'm using a 30 baht/wash machine. I may walk around the block to find a front loader now though (don't think I've seen any pay per use ones)

Archived