K-1 Visa denied at Bangkok interview - Legal suggestions?

My fiance is a dual citizen of Thailand and Norway.  She divorced in Norway and began to date.  On one occasion she was denied entry to the USA.  The DHS officer did not trust that her passport was really hers and he also accused her of marriage fraud attempting to enter into the USA to marry rather than return to Norway.  She speaks only some English and foolishly signed the form.  I submitted an i-29F form which was approved.  We just returned yesterday from the USA Embassy in Bangkok.  They denied her stating only that based on information obtained during the interview, that they questioned her intent to marry me.  Also they referenced the form I-877 that was used to deny her entry.  The Embassy refuses to provide any additional information on "what information" nor did they allow her or me to provide any information to counter any of the issues that they have, though we can't figure out what those might be.  Has anyone else had experience with their fiance being denied a Fiance visa and what if any legal remedies there might be.  Lastly if anyone knows of a competent and honest immigration attorney that I might contact. 

Isn't this one of those topics, where as well meaning TVF members can be, we aren't immigration attorneys.

This is one where there is no real alternative to hiring professional help I'm sorry to say

3 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Isn't this one of those topics, where as well meaning TVF members can be, we aren't immigration attorneys.

This is one where there is no real alternative to hiring professional help I'm sorry to say

I agree with you but perhaps someone else has had a similar experience and can share the steps they took.  Also, yes I am asking if someone knows a competent, trustworthy attorney and not someone who will just rip you off. 

20 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

I agree with you but perhaps someone else has had a similar experience and can share the steps they took.  Also, yes I am asking if someone knows a competent, trustworthy attorney and not someone who will just rip you off. 

You are going to need to speak to a lawyer about that as they should give you a reason to make an appeal. The information she gave verbally might not match the information in the documents you handed in. Normally someone goes with to the interview. Misunderstandings are very easy. Below is a list of the most common issues in Thailand for visa denials. Good luck with the appeal process!

https://gam-legalalliance.com/services/immigration/us-visa-denial/

Took a friend there once with a UK denial visa which they gave the same excuse. Came out that she had overstayed a UK visa before which she never told my friend about. They might be able to find out the real reason. 

5 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

You are going to need to speak to a lawyer about that as they should give you a reason to make an appeal. The information she gave verbally might not match the information in the documents you handed in. Normally someone goes with to the interview. Misunderstandings are very easy. Below is a list of the most common issues in Thailand for visa denials. Good luck with the appeal process!

https://gam-legalalliance.com/services/immigration/us-visa-denial/

Yes they should give you a reason but no matter how many times I have asked they refuse to provide any specifics and they tell me to refer to the denial notification.  The notification says "based on information obtained during the interview"   It also references her denied entry but does not specifically state that is the reason.  Additionally, they provide no guidance on how to correct any areas they found unacceptable.  

Contact this guy at Issan Lawyers here in Korat 084-471-5775 SEBASTIAN. He is French Canadian with a couple of Thai lawyers on his staff. He is a straight up guy. You can do a Skype call with him so you can stay in BKK. Good luck. Disclaimer: I have no commercial connection with Issan Lawyers....I used them once for consultation.

Archived