Looking at taking a trip to Central/South America first.

kellersphuket

Mornin yall,

before I hop over to the Philippines I was thinking about taking a short trip back to the states again to see my daughter and her family. After that I was thinking about trekking down to Costa Rica, then onto Panama and then finally to Colombia.

Are these places safe? has anybody here been? I'm a pretty seasoned traveler just never to central and south america. Ive heard nothing but good things so far about all three places, although some have told me that Colombia can be a little dangerous in parts. I was thinking maybe Medellin and possibly Bogota.

Gracias! ???? 

Edited by kellersphuket

Ive been to all them places Costa Rica lots of expats live there, Never had any trouble then again Im English and we dont cause trouble,

Then I went to Venezuela had a great time was there for 3 weeks then over to an island Isla Margarita it belongs to Venezuela then took a flight back for a day trip to visit Angel Falls is a waterfall in Venezuela. It is the world's highest uninterrupted waterfall, with a height of 979 metres and a plunge of 807 m. The waterfall drops over the edge of the Auyán-tepui mountain in the Canaima National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site in the Gran Sabana region of Bolívar State

• Like 2

Hi kellers

If you have not seen this TVF topic you may well find it interesting. Started some time ago with Latin America as a possible alternative for expats.

Plenty of useful info on it.

• Thanks 1