Machelp!

Rasseru

The short version first.

Do you have a Mac with a floppy disk drive, internal or external? I don't, and need to copy the contents of three 3.5 inch floppy disks onto an external hard drive that I use with my Mac. I would be very grateful if I could bring my hard drive over and use your floppy disk drive to do the copying.

Now, the longer version.

I have a dear old friend in the U.S., who is turning 89 in about three months. I plan to visit him for his birthday, as a surprise, and to bring to him, as a present, some bound volumes of a work on Shakespeare that he wrote a few years ago but was not able to get published.

With help sought and received elsewhere on this forum, I have found a place in Chiangmai to have the volumes made and bound. I have a looseleaf copy of the work that I can use to have them made, but would very much like if possible to reformat it first. So on the pretense of wanting to have my friend's work on my laptop, to carry around easily, I asked him to email me the files. He did not have the files on his computer -- which is also a Mac -- and so sent me the three 3.5 inch floppy disks that hold them. My problem is that I don't have a floppy disk drive, just a CD/DVD drive, on my Mac, so cannot read or copy them.

I visited the Apple shop here in Chiangmai, which has also been discussed of late in another thread on this forum, to see if I could get them to make the copies for me. They were friendly -- unlike the experiences others have reported on the other thread I just mentioned -- and tried to help, but their own external floppy drive was not working, so that did not go anywhere.

I have tried to find an external floppy disk drive here in Chiangmai, even though I don't need one except for this one purpose, but in two days of looking around town have had no success in finding a shop with one in stock.

The end of the longer version is almost the same as the short version: Do you have a Mac with a 3.5 inch floppy disk drive, internal or external? I would be very grateful if I could bring my hard drive over and use your floppy disk drive to do the copying.