Why is Thailand making it so difficult to retire

I have worked and lived in Thailand 25 years. A few years ago was laid off and was relatively easy to get a retirement visa with my wife and child as my dependents. Got working again and was easy to get a work permit and visa again with a boi company. Now I'm retiring again but the loops in the system now is so onerous its ridiculous. <deleted> is going on with Thailand. Here's the list of documents CW immigration now requesting for me to retire and support my non-thai wife and our child:

1. All passports & visa pages (3 passports).

2. Marriage cert in both English & Thai translated (Kor Nor 2, Kor Nor 3 and Kor Nor 22). But we are married in a Thai Amphere so dont know why they need a KN22 and translations when already issued in Thai from Amphere). 

3. Child birth cert in both English & Thai translated (but our child born in Thailand and certificate already in Thai so don't know why they need it translated).

4. House registration book (in my case yellow book which has all our names in it. I'm the owner).

5. Four color photos of all of us inside and also standing outside the condo. Each photo in A4 size (4 full color pages)

6. Copy of 90 days report (all 3 of us).

7. Map to our condo in either English or Thai (you can print from google). I expect a visit coming.

8. Bank book (in my case fixed account showing 800K. Deposit 100 baht in the morning and update book before present to immigration.

9. Bank letter to confirm 800K baht deposited. 

10. Copy of TM.30 (new instruction...report residence by the house owner. As you're the owner, I have to check if you have to do or not.). My understanding not needed as we are all in my yellow book. We also have our pink cards and/or drivers licences.

11. Proof our child is in school (was suggest may need to bring to show officer). 

12. PND.21 to show I paid my taxes last year. There is another certificate suggested but can't remember its name offhand concerning taxes paid.

Now I hear talk about a TM28 requirement which you have to report before doing any travel if for more than 24 hours.  

So many hoops to jump through. I love Thailand. Warm climate, great food, and Thais generally very nice. When working all is good. When I want to retire things get difficult and Immigration make me feel unwelcome. What's up with this Thailand? Mai Chob.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Lived here 25 years and never made the effort to get permanent residency or citizenship to make sure you can permanently stay in Thailand?

No. Not at all interested in PR or changing my citizenship. Would do nothing for my family and even more hoops. 

13 minutes ago, RBOP said:

No. Not at all interested in PR or changing my citizenship. Would do nothing for my family and even more hoops. 

If you had permanent residency, no more hoops for you. Afaik a child born to a permanent resident in Thailand gets Thai citizenship, would have made his future life in Thailand way easier. Your wife can also get permanent residency, because she is married to a permanent resident and has a Thai child.

If you don't care much about staying in Thailand anyway, then you can still decide to move back home if you get too annoyed by their rules. But there is not much you can do to change their requirements.

Edited by jackdd