Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Best place to buy wood in Chiang Mai?

samlowry

Hello!

I just need a little bit of various wooden beams, planks and rails. Not a huge amount - just to build some small things for kids, so I need shop which sell short pieces or shop staff can cut if I ask.

I just been at 2 Suksawad branches - they have quite a big variety of plywood, but very poor beams/planks/rails variety (several short pieces was some red wood so I was surprised by price).

So, pls, recommend me place where I can find big variety of cheap wood beams/planks/rails and shop staff will cut it for me?

Suksawad across from Central has the largest stock of new cut timber anywhere in CM. Its not cheap though.

If salvaged is suitable for you, thats your best bet. often needs a bit of rummaging about but you can get 6*2 joists for 30-50bt sork.

This is always my choice as I have tge tools to tidy them up.

Which area are you in, I can probably guide you to some of my best haunts

in terms of low quality cheap wood plank and beams (think pallet-type of wood), I buy them in Lamphun on the road that connects Lamphun [11] to highway [1147] Muubaan Narathani. Artisans in that area do all kind of furniture sold at high prices in CM but quite cheap on site, and sell their building materials as well.

Archived