Police impersonator who extorted people in Bangkok is arrested

webfact

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: His "props" included a gun and a radio

Police in Bangkok have announced the arrest of a man who claimed to know the head of the Royal Thai Police.

Sayan Pimpatan, 41, was arrested in the car park of a condominium complex in Sukhumvit Soi 103 yesterday. 

In his possession and taken into evidence was a police uniform with the rank of senior sergeant major, a 9mm automatic pistol and ammunition and a Vios car. 

Sayan - known as "Ja Man" (the boss man) - claimed to have worked at the house of the commissioner and said that he could get people positions in the force or make cases "disappear". 

2pm1.jpg

He was wanted on two warrants issued in May 2015: Extortion in Thung Song Hong district and theft during the hours of darkness in the Khok Khram jurisdiction. 

His arrest followed complaints from many people about a man impersonating a policeman in Bangkok.

He said that he kept the uniform in his car as he knew he was wanted on warrants. He got the gun in Lopburi. He apologized to the commissioner who he said had nothing to do with his affairs. 

He is being held on gun, radio and impersonation charges at Pahonyothin police station ahead of a first hearing at Ratchada Court today. 

Other victims of his extortion games have been asked to present themselves to police. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-25

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Will he likely to be appearing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival next year, to do other impressions?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Sayan - known as "Ja Man" (the boss man) - claimed to have worked at the house of the commissioner and said that he could get people positions in the force or make cases "disappear". 

Ah, he used to be an airport baggage handler too.

what are the chances that the cop that my ex-wife and her lawyer brought over to extort me in forcing to let my daughter go with her evil mother against her will and a court mutual divorce agreement that cannot force my daughter to go against her will, was also a fake one

my evil ex called the police on me in the past, but never came, but suddenly showed up here with her lawyers

36 minutes ago, justin case said:

what are the chances that the cop that my ex-wife and her lawyer brought over to extort me in forcing to let my daughter go with her evil mother against her will and a court mutual divorce agreement that cannot force my daughter to go against her will, was also a fake one

my evil ex called the police on me in the past, but never came, but suddenly showed up here with her lawyers

Justin, sounds like your ex was also impersonating a human being...

Just now, off road pat said:
6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

How did they know he wasn't a genuine cop?

Yep ,..indeed as they all act the same !!!

They must have been to same school of amateur overacting, founded by the Keystone Cops.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

In his possession and taken into evidence was a police uniform with the rank of senior sergeant major, a 9mm automatic pistol and ammunition and a Vios car. 

Dead giveaway the Vios .. Should've had a Camry .. 

9 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:
10 hours ago, webfact said:

His arrest followed complaints from many people about a man impersonating a policeman in Bangkok

he asked for too little when extorting

9 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Joking aside, what’s the actual answer?

I’ve been turned over for 200baht by a guy in the road who said I was speeding, (I was) but he could have the local loon for all I knew. What should I have asked - I don’t know what genuine police ID looks like - do you?

16 minutes ago, Mukdahanman said:

I’ve been turned over for 200baht by a guy in the road who said I was speeding, (I was) but he could have the local loon for all I knew. What should I have asked - I don’t know what genuine police ID looks like - do you?

No I'm sure i couldn't.  And quite frankly, with such a dodgy police force, could anyone tell one from another?

2 hours ago, Mukdahanman said:

Even if he is a fake cop, I would be paying the 200 baht to be sure I did not have to find out. Who in their right mind is going to challenge this level of gun toting lunacy over 200 baht?!

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

He could have promoted himself to Pol-Maj-Gen then no one would have noticed as there appears to be one on every corner ????

Ahhhhh! Yes, everyone seems to have that position here and I think it's very cheap.

The Keystone Cops brought slapstick to new heights of humour in its day. The current crop of the duly appointed and festooned buffoons are funny, but in a much more pathetic manner.

Archived