Certificate of Residence (Jomtien) buying used Motorbike

Just a heads up for anyone buying or selling a used motorbike. I'll try to keep this short.

Been searching for a used motorbike. Found one I was fairly confident I was going to buy in a local Pattaya bike shop. 

Thought I would do myself a favor and get my residency certificate (CoR) from immigration before I went back to the bike shop to finalize the deal.

Gathered copies of passport, visa, TM6 etc and copy of my lease contract, 2 passport photos. Went to Jomtien Immigration and completed the application form BUT girl at front desk gave me a tiny little paper listing doc requirements (attached).

IMG_20190722_113311.thumb.jpg.dbba890236fa908d5da67dd296da96b4.jpg

Doc list says, must have document package from the seller in order for me to get CoR. Now I hadn't bought the bike yet so I'm thinking <deleted>! Isn't this getting the cart before the horse? I think certainly this can't be the case, so I go ahead and get a number to desk 9 I believe, wait a few minutes, get called, turn in my app and documents less the purchase docs and NO! Must have doc pck from seller.

Ok off I go back to bike shop (good thing I went to in early!). Finalized the bike deal. Bike shop gave me a receipt for the purchase (but I didn't pay at this point), a copy of the Green Book, and I took 2 photos with my phone. Off to copy shop to print out photos. Back to immigration, get number wait in que, get called, pay 300b (no receipt). Wait another 20 mins.

Finally, got my CoR!

Wow, that was easy. 

• Like 1