Visa advice required

For a few years now I have been applying for and getting a 1 year Non-Imm Type `O` ME from the Thai Embassy in London. I am married to a Thai and would go over to Thailand for 90 days, then UK for 90 days, then back to Thailand for 90 days etc, etc. I needed to send a copy of the wife`s ID, a copy of the Marriage Certificate, etc, along with my application, and, never a problem.

Now I will try to get a 6 month Non-Imm Type `O` SE from London, (twice a year) and now I have a dilemma...….I can apply, with all the family information asked by the Embassy OR, I can go the retirement route (which needs less information), and my dilemma is this...……..I will be changing the criteria for my application in London, and, with all the hassles people are having entering Thailand, will the change of criteria give me any problems at the airport in BKK (Suvarnabhumi).

Thanks in anticipation.

There is no 6 month non-o visa. You can only get a single entry non-o visa that is valid for 3 months from the day it issued that allows one 90 day entry.

If you want a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage you can apply for one while on a trip to here at the Thai consulates in Savannakhet, Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam with no financial proof. Or in Penang, Malaysia by showing the equivalent of 400k baht in a bank.

• Like 1

Shug, I've got the same problem, my intention when my ME runs out is to just get single entry non-O from the Glasgow consulate...

Apparently for non-O visas, you have to hand in the Application and Passport, then go back maybe a week later to get the Visa once she gets permission from London to issue it. Kay does suggested applying weeks in advance if possible.

If you can go to Glasgow a couple of times on weekdays it could be an option?

http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/application-form-2019-2/

http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Application-Form-2019.pdf  (mind to scroll to the last page)

HCMC looks interesting for a little trip anyway, mentioned to the wife already, if they are still doing them (MEs) this time next year.

• Like 1

Thanks UKr, got it sorted now after a blether with Kay. I`ve to send her the info she requires, and, after she gets permission from London I will go down to Glasgow with my passport to get the visa. It saves me one trip down from north of Aberdeen and I don`t have to worry about the criteria I was on about.

Thanks again mate.

Oh, btw, I had 4 happy years living in Cowdenbeath, and another 4 years living in Muchty (where I was next door neighbour to Jimmy Shand AND the Proclaimers used to babysit my kids.....true)