Wing 41 Sticker

holy cow cm

My son goes to CMU starting next month and I would like him to get the sticker to go through. I understand it is in Nov - Dec, but is there a best time to go when there are no huge waiting times? Is it wait a couple of weeks from the opening registration day? Go morning afternoon? Thnx in advance. 

9 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Recent years pretty mobbed up at all times. I have been using an agent, about 250 baht so do not go myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Even this has an agent? Well it is beneficial to have the sticker. What’s your definition of mobbed and wait time?

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Recent years pretty mobbed up at all times. I have been using an agent, about 250 baht so do not go myself.

I've been this year in December to submit the document (already filled), I didn't have more than 3 minutes of queue.

...and to collect the sticker in April, at best 10 people were there, and the 'farang' box of sticker is separate, so 30 seconds of waiting time ?!?

Maybe I was lucky, that was the first and only time I went there.

I had virtually no waiting time this year. In other years there was always a long line, but not this year. I filled out the paperwork at home, brought it in, waited about two minutes.  Then when it was time to pick up the sticker, stood in line for less than one minute.  Very quick.

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

I always use the standard definitions found in Webster’s Dictionary, Special Edition for answering prick questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Go back and look at your answer. Point the finger for the answer at your self. Uncalled for! Totally rude!

Edited by holy cow cm

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I had virtually no waiting time this year. In other years there was always a long line, but not this year. I filled out the paperwork at home, brought it in, waited about two minutes.  Then when it was time to pick up the sticker, stood in line for less than one minute.  Very quick.

Thanks. I was thinking there was a break somewhere there. Maybe best to wait a few weeks for the first time goers. 

3 hours ago, XLance said:

I've been this year in December to submit the document (already filled), I didn't have more than 3 minutes of queue.

...and to collect the sticker in April, at best 10 people were there, and the 'farang' box of sticker is separate, so 30 seconds of waiting time ?!?

Maybe I was lucky, that was the first and only time I went there.

Sort of what I was thinking. December would have maybe subsided in long lines. Why did you collect the sticker in April?

14 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Sort of what I was thinking. December would have maybe subsided in long lines. Why did you collect the sticker in April?

Not sure, I think they told me to come back in April. As long as they would give me access, I wasn't in a rush to collect it.

2 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Go the first or second of november early morning if its on a week day. Take copy of car / motorbike registration and your driver license with you can be on one page. Fill in the form at the spot and you be out of there in 20 minutes.

Sounds like a first plan and hopefully not crowded. Thnx

If this is a new sticker go as soon as they open. They issue the stickers in order of application and you can not use the road until you have the sticker. So go early November and you get your sticker in January, wait until late December it could be mid March.

On 7/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, briley said:

If this is a new sticker go as soon as they open. They issue the stickers in order of application and you can not use the road until you have the sticker. So go early November and you get your sticker in January, wait until late December it could be mid March.

Why is there such a long delay on being able to get the sticker? Supposed to be 1 year, so if you get it in March is it good until March?