How Much Should I Pay For Overload?

the 20kg lugage applies to all companys.

What happens with overweight seems to be up to the persoon doing the chek-in and the company you fly with.

Sample:

mei 27th from bkk to amsterdam with China airlines (taiwan) I had on my own 55kg luggage. The company allows 5 kg extra, the lady from the check-in offered to charge me for 10 kg extra. That was 10 thousand bath/ about 200 euro. I right away agreed and thanked her. handluggage can be maximum 7 kg, but with 3 pieces heavy loaded I guess I had 25 kg. But this was quite compact an nobody asked about it. But what can one do? Thailand has beautiful things to buy and 20 kg is not much.

other sample:

december 26th from amsterdam to lisbon with dutch airlines KLM. I had 4 kilos above the 20 and I had to pay 98 euros.

the same travel with portuguese airlines 10 kg to much, the lady says to me: next time check the weight because we can't let you thru everytime.

check the cargoprices at bkk airport cargo dpt.

HI all

If I'm not wrong, For economy class, the luggage is allowed upto 20 kgs., right? and if it's over.. How much should I pay per kgs.?

Thx

Zenzer..

the basic rule (cost) for excess baggage is 1% of the 1st class oneway fare pr KG.

But it depends on the airline and load they carry on the flight what, if anything, they charge you.

opalhort