Rasberries And Other Berries

ricklev

A strawberry vendor across from CMU was selling plastic cups full of berries she called rasberries which were somewhat similar to rasberries and pretty good for ten baht per cup. I really love berries, having spent an idylic summer in my youth with my girlfriend in Eugene Oregon. We spent our days picking blueberries, blackberries, huckleberries, rasberries, cherries, etc. She would cook them into glorious pies and we would make love and eat pie in bed every night.

Anyway, are there other berries available here? Where? Any idea of the seasons? Places to pick wild berries?

Thanks!

Rimping sometimes has real fresh raspberries available - at a price.

A better option, for flans or pie-making, are the frozen fruits available at Makro, possibly sourced from China, where they have big packs of raspberries (currently under 100B), strawberries, blackcurrants (real ones - not blueberries !), apricot & peach-halves, and sometimes kiwi-fruit.

This is also much the cheapest place I've found, for frozen veggies, such as peas/carrots/sweetcorn/cauliflower/mixed-veg/broccoli.

Look in the freezers next to the fish-section.

Do Makro have frozen petit-pois, my better half loved them in Scotland and I've never seen them in the other supermarkets.

The other bizarre thing she misses are the small frozen prawns, a la prawn sandwich. Anyone ever seen those! I know, you get great prawns here, but the better half is also the fussier half!