That TM30 thing again

I have been hearing all sorts of problems about people having trouble because they have not got a TM30. OK so I go to my local Imm Office.(Udon Thani) My 90 day is not for another 6 weeks but I wanted to be prepared one way or another,and was told by the Boss there that I do not require a TM 30 not now or when my 90 day is due. I have a retirement extension,married to a Thai for 11 yrs,bought house  and still in it for about 10yrs so no TM30------ does this sound right to you?

The problem with this is that the Immigration “boss” can change and on the next extension you can be greeted with a “you no have TM30”... But I was told... Too bad they can’t give you something in writing that days a TM30 is not needed in this office...

Yes it was the No1 man in Udon Thani office,and he was actually laughing at me for worrying about this and told me and my Wife as I said"no TM30 no worries." Like it has been said though----- he has been there for a while now but what happens to me if I go back for my 90 day and he's not there.Suppose I might get it sorted if I go a couple of days early,then I've got time to do it.

Edited by biplanebluey
Add more text

If you stay in your home 365 days a year then you do not need TM30 reporting. You are fine.

If you go elsewhere and do not do the TM 30 reporting (including when you return) then you are fined!

Of course, it does depend on which immigration office and what they had for lunch.

Did my 90 days yesterday at Chaeng Wattana, no one mentioned TM30 reciept at all. I was under the impression that they had been asking for it so had badgered my landlord to sort it, which, to be fair, he did.

I live in the same home in Samrong, Samut Prakarn for 33 years, married to the same Thai woman for 29 years, but the Samut Prakarn Immigration Department demands that my wife report my arrival within 24 hours when I come back from a trip. If not, they want to collect 2000 Baht fine. I find this disgusting and absurd, but we have learned to deal with it. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

Yes it was the No1 man in Udon Thani office,and he was actually laughing at me for worrying about this

I guess the man in Bangkok hasn't queried him about his "low return" on TM30 fine collections.

2 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

I have been hearing all sorts of problems about people having trouble because they have not got a TM30. OK so I go to my local Imm Office.(Udon Thani) My 90 day is not for another 6 weeks but I wanted to be prepared one way or another,and was told by the Boss there that I do not require a TM 30 not now or when my 90 day is due. I have a retirement extension,married to a Thai for 11 yrs,bought house  and still in it for about 10yrs so no TM30------ does this sound right to you?

Yes. All you can do is go by what your told at your local office, but be aware that their policy could change in the future.

1 hour ago, bhakta said:

I live in the same home in Samrong, Samut Prakarn for 33 years, married to the same Thai woman for 29 years, but the Samut Prakarn Immigration Department demands that my wife report my arrival within 24 hours when I come back from a trip. If not, they want to collect 2000 Baht fine. I find this disgusting and absurd, but we have learned to deal with it. 

We should NOT have to deal with this sort of harassment.  Many are packing up and moving on, many like you and me have been here for many years so not so easy.  

I know a guy with work permits that is not Thai doing kinky wrestling posting videos on social media of themselves putting their hands in another mans shorts, and yes he has a work permit to run a gym.  I guess this is ok but they give us honest guys a hard time.