Japanese mission urges nationals in Bangkok to be careful

rooster59

By THE NATION

800_fd7443ffbc5766c.jpg

The Japanese embassy has issued a warning asking its citizens to be careful in the wake of the four small blasts in Bangkok.

As a security measure, the embassy has also cancelled a concert to mark the 10th Mekong-Japan Exchange Year scheduled to be held on Saturday. A message cancelling the concert has been posted on the embassy’s website (https://www.th.emb-japan.go.jp/itprtop_ja/index) in both Thai and Japanese.

68362186_2484993458436269_7323733406565531648_n(1).jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374166

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-04

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

Statistically speaking their foreign nationals are exponentially more likely to come to harm by way of a road accident than any explosion. Hope they warned them of that, too

Agreed

14 minutes ago, Prince77 said:

The German Embassy also issued a notice to its citizens being careful in Bangkok and avoiding large crowds of people or shopping malls.

Well at least we will find some place to sit that is not got a towel on it

Meanwhile, in the USA, 34 dead and 50 wounded from mass shootings.  Did these embassies make the same warning to their citizens traveling in America? I feel much safer here than I ever did there.

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Good advice, Any tourist in Thailand has a fair chance of being killed on the roads, in the sea, on the zipline, by a crazed Thai man on drugs, a bomb or simply by visiting Koh Tao.

TAT will have you believe otherwise but don't fall for it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Almer said:

Agreed

I have to wonder if these advising countries are putting out notices about visiting the USA what with 2 mass shootings in well less than 24 hours. 

I’d think Bangkok might be the safer choice. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DoktorC said:

Meanwhile, in the USA, 34 dead and 50 wounded from mass shootings.  Did these embassies make the same warning to their citizens traveling in America? I feel much safer here than I ever did there.

Why would they? Mass shootings are a normal occurance in the USA. Enter at your own risk.