TM 30 threads

Maybe you have a point. However put another spin on it... Most folk dealing with their local imm office are aware what is required. This tm30 has all started from CHANGE of what's required at CW bkk. Perhaps the biggest imm office. Jomtien also large, does not require tm30 (for now). This new big boss did a news release gig about wanting ALL imm office to enforce this. Wait.. If that happens watch TVF light up.

For some folk this means sweet f.a. For some its not so simple. Just as one example only, I travel a lot. Out of Thailand every few weeks and also within los. Deal with CW. Nightmare joint. So yes there have been zillion threads but many people have lived here several years and never done a tm30 (me). 

Anyway you don't need read any thread with tm30 heading if your comfy with tm30 or not interested. Clearly some people are.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

On 15th of August, the FCC will have a meeting about the TM30. Until then, we hope people will sign the petition. People fear to sign wish is not legitimate. TM30 is nonsense, article 37(4) of the immigration law, which is not enforced is even worse.

I wish it was pinned everywhere, shared and got 10,000 signatures. Or more. Still, thousands of people know agree. 100 comments on the website "reform thai immigration" COM is explaining problems. Alone, we can't do anything. We need to unite.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Isaanlawyers said:

On 15th of August, the FCC will have a meeting about the TM30. Until then, we hope people will sign the petition. People fear to sign wish is not legitimate. TM30 is nonsense, article 37(4) of the immigration law, which is not enforced is even worse.

I wish it was pinned everywhere, shared and got 10,000 signatures. Or more. Still, thousands of people know agree. 100 comments on the website "reform thai immigration" COM is explaining problems. Alone, we can't do anything. We need to unite.

you do understand its their laws, their country and we need only obey or leave

Are you planing a petition for each and every change immigration makes?

As is stated before, wont get my name on it and advise others to think before signing any petition that questions an official government law

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Maybe you have a point. However put another spin on it... Most folk dealing with their local imm office are aware what is required. This tm30 has all started from CHANGE of what's required at CW bkk. Perhaps the biggest imm office. Jomtien also large, does not require tm30 (for now).

Jomtien DOES REQUIRE TM30, I've been told this for nearly a year ago by the immigration officers that whenever returning to Thailand it must be done, and I have been doing it ever since. Seen lots of others at that office in the TM30 room paying 1,600 baht fines for not doing it.

Edited by bbi1

The thing id like clarification on:

If you enter Thailand and stay in a hotel for 1-2 nights in bkk let's say, then you go to your wife's house 100 miles away in a different province and do a report with 24 hours.

How can they check that you actually reported within 24 hours from anywhere?

Just now, jackdd said:

Ever heard of computers and the internet?

So have people reported such occurrences or is this just a weak response. 

My only tm30 issue arose from an IO noting I did not have a tm30 on file.paod 2k job done

Another time I spent 3 nights in bkk 1 not in a hotel so no tm30 was completed. Went to immigration 4 days after arriving in khon Kaen. Told them I'd just come back and needed to report and that was that. Sorted. 

Care to explain.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Jomtien DOES REQUIRE TM30, I've been told this for nearly a year ago by the immigration officers that whenever returning to Thailand it must be done, and I have been doing it ever since. Seen lots of others at that office in the TM30 room paying 1,600 baht fines for not doing it.

Please show report of fined at Jomtien regarding your post. One would be enough.

2 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

So have people reported such occurrences or is this just a weak response. 

My only tm30 issue arose from an IO noting I did not have a tm30 on file.paod 2k job done

Another time I spent 3 nights in bkk 1 not in a hotel so no tm30 was completed. Went to immigration 4 days after arriving in khon Kaen. Told them I'd just come back and needed to report and that was that. Sorted. 

Care to explain.

Umm....khon kaen. There are few other imm offices in Thailand. This thread was about too many threads about need for tm30.

KK is a village imm office. Visit CW for a day and make sure take cell phone charger with you to chat about your tm30 because it won't be quick hello.

I feel for the members here. I have VISA and work permit and must get my VISA and WP renewed every year. But because of my situation, I must go to the One Stop office (not CW).  They never asked for TM30, never cared. The day they ask for TM30, I will leave Thailand.

• Haha 1

I feel for the members here. I have VISA and work permit and must get my VISA and WP renewed every year. But because of my situation, I must go to the One Stop office (not CW).  They never asked for TM30, never cared. The day they ask for TM30, I will leave Thailand.
Seems a bit over the top! Do you feel the same about 90 day reports? To give up a job over a possible 800 baht fine is being rather hysterical!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Strange..the OP is asking for an amalgamation of TM 30 threads-a point of view that I agree with-but instead it has morphed once again into yet another one of the beasts.

I am waiting for the ultimate topic.."I was lost in the jungle up Chiang Mai way for 33 years...what is a TM 30?"

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

The thing id like clarification on:

If you enter Thailand and stay in a hotel for 1-2 nights in bkk let's say, then you go to your wife's house 100 miles away in a different province and do a report with 24 hours.

How can they check that you actually reported within 24 hours from anywhere?

Depending on the office, Immigration asks for proof when you turn up to do a 90 day report or an extension. if you go to immigration in wifes province and no TM30 you will maybe be fined. if you will not be visiting immigration in wifes province its ireallavent.

If you are not visiting immigration, nobody cares or checks if a TM30 has been done.

Edited by Peterw42

13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Everyone is "required' to do TM30, its whether or not the office will ask to see it. At the moment Jomtien does not ask for TM30 for long stay extension or 90 day report, they only ask when a tourist is extending a short stay.

A TM30 is required for every foriegner for every stay, immigration may or may not ask for it.

A post containing a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed.

Forum rule.

"26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com"

• Sad 1