PM Prayut did not apologize over oath-taking controversy – government spokeswoman

webfact

PM did not apologize over oath-taking controversy – government spokeswoman

IMG_22085_20190808154207000000.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha did not offer an apology to his cabinet colleagues over the oath-taking controversy and the media has misinterpreted the Prime Minister’s remarks about the wording, government spokeswoman Mrs .Narumon Pinyosinwat said today.

During a meeting with department heads and provincial governors from around the country on Wednesday at the government complex, the Prime Minister offered an apology for several issues and not specifically for the oath-taking controversy.

The Prime Minister said he will take sole responsibility for matters related to the constitution, said Mrs. Narumon, adding that details about those matters would be available to the media at a later date.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-did-not-apologize-over-oath-taking-controversy-government-spokeswoman/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-08-09
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

There are definitely more important things to deal with - like writing songs about his tireless work to increase the country's happiness, but if there's a chance he can be hounded out of office by loss of face, then I'm all for it.

I am not a fan either, but it is like it is. For the stability of the country and one step at the time for restoring democracy, I do believe they have to let the small things be and focus on the important instead. So, if he gets to sit this period. There might be a change for the next. That´s the cornerstone democracy is built on.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

can we at least call a government spokesperson what they really are ? a professional liar

20 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Surely, 'a professional bullshit deflector' sounds better?

How about a "Mighty Turd Polisher"?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why so much nag. Just let him swear himself in again and get over with it. There are more important things to deal with.

Is that not whole point of the controversy.?..it’s a mistake that can be easily rectified....so why aren’t they? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bowerboy said:
2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why so much nag. Just let him swear himself in again and get over with it. There are more important things to deal with.

Is that not whole point of the controversy.?..it’s a mistake that can be easily rectified....so why aren’t they?

Wouldn't that be seen as a serious loss of face - very important here, therefore I think that's probably unlikely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Wouldn't that be seen as a serious loss of face - very important here, therefore I think that's probably unlikely.

There’s a reason he didn’t speak it and it wasn’t an accident. Now they have to work out how to avoid doing it again. Only problem is it ain’t going away. And there’s no article 44.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

There’s a reason he didn’t speak it and it wasn’t an accident. Now they have to work out how to avoid doing it again. Only problem is it ain’t going away. And there’s no article 44.

Perhaps I missed seeing the details about that somewhere? Could you explain?

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Now it would, because it´s been long time discussing. If he just done it from start, no biggie!

43 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You'll have to look into it. But it has something to do with being deeply superstitious. 

OK, thanks.

I know he's superstitious - surely no one else would be seen dead kissing a frog, but he's keen on it. If he really wants to be a politician he ought to stick to kissing infants.

Then he was praying to 'the gods' for rain. When it unfailingly arrived he claimed credit for that too.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I am not a fan either, but it is like it is. For the stability of the country and one step at the time for restoring democracy, I do believe they have to let the small things be and focus on the important instead. So, if he gets to sit this period. There might be a change for the next. That´s the cornerstone democracy is built on.

Do you really think the government won't spend the next four years (as they did the last 5) laying plans to "win" an election that has , once again, a predetermined outcome? Less a cornerstone of democracy than a barrier wall preventing it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There are definitely more important things to deal with - like writing songs about his tireless work to increase the country's happiness, but if there's a chance he can be hounded out of office by loss of face, then I'm all for it.

I had forget about those beautiful melodies. I hope he is planning on releasing more soon. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyL said:
5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I had forget about those beautiful melodies. I hope he is planning on releasing more soon. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he announces he has a record deal and will produce an album of songs with moron more on.

• Haha 1