Dutch Beggar In Bangkok

bkkmadness

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

--

bkkmadness: Yeah it's a 90 day visa now, you have to go in and go out, that's going to be a problem for you. What are you going to do, can't your embassy help?

DB: Before that (give help I guess he means) they see passport now I had been here one year taking money from money from the government of Holland I was taking money for being unemployed, I should be in Holland looking for a job, but I was here. If they see that.

\

just a scammer if I was deutch i would send this to the embassy

double dipping at its best he even admit defrauding his country I say let him starve... but them cons usually have a nice little stash on the side

makes you wonder how much the thais do make a day doing the same maybe your next u tube video interview heheheheh

Normal Thai salaries go around 200 a day so is he suckering other tourists?

The Thais who can afford to use the Skytrain will typically earn better salaries than that.

To all: Please keep the thread free from flaming and profanities.

As we all know there is a huge gap between rich and poor in Thailand.

I know many factory workers who makes around 200 for 8 hours work.

This is another topic.

To repeat my question: Who do you guys think would buy that guys sob story and thus fork out money?

Normal Thai salaries go around 200 a day so is he suckering other tourists?

The Thais who can afford to use the Skytrain will typically earn better salaries than that.

To all: Please keep the thread free from flaming and profanities.

To repeat my question: Who do you guys think would buy that guys sob story and thus fork out money?

Just to clarify this wasn't filmed on one of the skytrain walkways, but on the walkway over to Gaysorn from the Central World Plaza. I guess it's a moot point because the Thais that go in and out of Gaysorn are no doubt on more than 200 baht a day salaries as well. In fact a lot of them will certainly be on a lot more as it's a expensive place to shop. Though it has to be said many people do just go through Gaysorn to get to the skytrain as well. Really, it's an excellent location for begging.

I would guess his money comes from both farangs and Thais.

Edited by bkkmadness

This is yet another pathetic individual living off others.

In a city/country where there are so many people who truly need assistance, to see people like this, well, its sickening!

They should be deported.

Oh, and if they say that they are seeking money to get home? Well, all embassies will assist their citizens to return home: be it by a grant; a loan (payable when they return home); or some other form of assistance.

Don't encourage them !

I make it a practice never to give money to beggars.

When I was in Hua Hin I watched a legless beggar sit in the middle of the walkway in the night bazaar.

When anyone would drop a big bill in his cup, he'd quickly put it in his pocket so only the small change would show.

In the few minutes I sat watching him, a 3 farangs passed by and put 100 baht bills in his cup, not to mention the smaller change dropped

I would guess he made more in an hour than many professionals make in a day.

Begging is an occupation that contributes little in the way of exchange of goods and services but it's sure profitable for the beggar.

Begging is an undignified occupation and should be used as a last resort in a desperate situation.

I don't mind helping those who cannot work or fend for themselves. In my next life or later in this one I might find myself on hard times and would like someone to help me if truly needed.

Buying a meal for a beggar is how I and most Thai I know would choose to help out. And giving more than 20 Baht is out of the question.

When I was in Hua Hin I watched a legless beggar sit in the middle of the walkway in the night bazaar.

When anyone would drop a big bill in his cup, he'd quickly put it in his pocket so only the small change would show.

In the few minutes I sat watching him, a 3 farangs passed by and put 100 baht bills in his cup, not to mention the smaller change dropped

Begging is an occupation that contributes little in the way of exchange of goods and services but it's sure profitable for the beggar.

Cmon man, the guy had no legs! How easy it is for him to find work?? I will not give to someone that is capable of working, but the disabled is a different story. Think about it. If you had no arms or no legs, how would YOU earn money?

As some of you might know, there's also the "maffia" exploiting handicapt people.

They get dropped of at places where's a lot of "passage" ... all the money they gather

has to be turned in, they hardly see a 'satang' of it.

As for the Dutch guy : he'll have his time come when they find out ...

He should go back to Holland !! The unemployment pays him anyway. The western society

has become this lame they'll pay, even when it is obviously clear that he seems fit enough

to work.

Cmon man, the guy had no legs! How easy it is for him to find work?? I will not give to someone that is capable of working, but the disabled is a different story. Think about it. If you had no arms or no legs, how would YOU earn money?

That's a wrong attitude because all it does is cause people to disable children so they can earn more money on the streets. This happens in Thailand and is common in even poorer countries like India.

Never give money to beggars, buy them some food. Sometimes they refuse the food, that should tell you something.

I'd go so far to say that giving money to beggars in this country is irresponsible given that children and babies are often used to increase earnings.

Try to think about where that money goes and what it is used for.

This guy's at it for a long time, at least a year, we discussed him at the Torn Tree forum about a year ago. He pretended to be responding on that forum, and got angry with me, because he tought I was the one who posted his Photo. The story at that time was that his thai girlfriend cheated him out of his business, and that he wouldn't stop begging until he got all his money back. Of course I don't know if it really was him. At least he knew some Dutch swearwords to use against me :o

Anyway I think it's amazing that he is still doing this, and even more amazing that the police did only arrest him 3 times.

Next time you see him, buy him a beer, he deserves it :D

Who is worse? The beggar who beggs for whatever 9 hours a day in BKK or the loser who wastes time and battery life on that? Cool job dude!!! You are the best!! Ah ja, and that Mafia story I have heard all over Asia...go and get another beer at Nana. You are better

Starkus

:o

It makes me really sick to look at most of the intolerant uncompassionate posts here - especially the ones filing complaints.

Why don't you guys get a life instead of mocking someone who's litteraly in the gutter. Judging beggars are just so ###### easy - even though you don't have a clue on who, why and for what reason - not to speak of that you yourselves probably have what you need in your lifes.

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly wouldn't like to sit and beg a 7 hours day in the healthy Bangkok smog for merely 1000B... My guess is, that this is no farrangs choice if it weren't really necessary. In my opinion he earned the money.

But I guess that you yourselves are so utterly perfect human beings - who's always are and have been on the straight path, loving, caring, giving and so very compassionate. And as you are so admirable know-it-all individuals you think that you do have the God-given right to judge others in public, smear, filing complaints and raise hel_l around others that you in fact don't no anything about.

<sigh>

//Loke

All i can say is what an ###### hope he gets bang up then banged up the arse .. he should be sent back to the Nederlands at his own expense, ie deducted out of his dole and stripped of his passport and never let out side of the Nederlands again...

It makes me really sick to look at most of the intolerant uncompassionate posts here - especially the ones filing complaints.

Why don't you guys get a life instead of mocking someone who's litteraly in the gutter. Judging beggars are just so ###### easy - even though you don't have a clue on who, why and for what reason - not to speak of that you yourselves probably have what you need in your lifes.

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly wouldn't like to sit and beg a 7 hours day in the healthy Bangkok smog for merely 1000B... My guess is, that this is no farrangs choice if it weren't really necessary. In my opinion he earned the money.

But I guess that you yourselves are so utterly perfect human beings - who's always are and have been on the straight path, loving, caring, giving and so very compassionate. And as you are so admirable know-it-all individuals you think that you do have the God-given right to judge others in public, smear, filing complaints and raise hel_l around others that you in fact don't no anything about.

<sigh>

//Loke

Hi Loke, i'm sorry to say mate but i think youv'e missed the point, what a lot of people are saying is why dosn't he go to his embassy and then on to Holland were theres a system which will look after him. The reason the guys getting bad press is simple! the Thais in this country who are really poor don't have an option but this guy dose! :o

We are all missing the point. His sign says 7000 baht short so he can get a ticket and go home. Which at 1000 baht a day means he can be off back home in about a weeks time... He's a clear fraud that deserves no sympathy from anyone. So will all the fluffy nice people please exit left or go and hand him his 7000 baht to get him that elusive ticket and get him off the streets. :o

We are all missing the point. His sign says 7000 baht short so he can get a ticket and go home. Which at 1000 baht a day means he can be off back home in about a weeks time... He's a clear fraud that deserves no sympathy from anyone. So will all the fluffy nice people please exit left or go and hand him his 7000 baht to get him that elusive ticket and get him off the streets. :o

I think you are missing the point here, this guy isn't going to go home, and he isn't 7K short. Last time I saw his sign he was 12.000 K short, and that was over a year ago. He's enjoying his begging. And I bet after "work" he's going to get a nice drink at the pub.

Hi Loke, i'm sorry to say mate but i think youv'e missed the point, what a lot of people are saying is why dosn't he go to his embassy and then on to Holland were theres a system which will look after him. The reason the guys getting bad press is simple! the Thais in this country who are really poor don't have an option but this guy dose! :o

You Just confirmed what I've just said... You don't have a clue, if you think you know anything about this guy or about his options.

Don't talk to me about poor thais, as if you had some special knowledge about those... Your ignorance shown to this guy tells it all.

Poor ppl doesn't need your "simple bad press" just because there's ppl in existance that are more poor. This guy seems to me to be one who rather bend his pride than to steal, mug or bother anyone really - and he's on his knees begging from english-speaking thais/farrangs fortunate enough to ride the skytrain. BTW: Intoxicated or not - he might just be dozed by the heavy smog ;o)

- Get real and mind you manners, mate!

You are IMHO talking out of your @rse. The days are over when you just went to the embassy or consulate and had a free trip home, dude. The begging guy doesn't seem to be too bright, thus almost demanding anyones pity. For one: he too think he could just go to the dutch embassy and get a free ride home - only if not that they then would find out, that he actually should have been in Holland the last whole year looking for work - and second: the poor guy sees no problem whatsoever in admitting it all ON TAPE ment for YouTube. With all those selfappointed police-informers, like in here, then he'll probably get in serious legal trouble upon his return to Holland. Justice served, I'm sure those prick$ would say.

Listen up and think for once; straight all right narrow-path following individuals DONT NEED ANY COMPASSION... It's the somewhat crooked guys who are in the gutter that does.

//Loke

Hi Loke, i'm sorry to say mate but i think youv'e missed the point, what a lot of people are saying is why dosn't he go to his embassy and then on to Holland were theres a system which will look after him. The reason the guys getting bad press is simple! the Thais in this country who are really poor don't have an option but this guy dose! :D

You Just confirmed what I've just said... You don't have a clue, if you think you know anything about this guy or about his options.

Don't talk to me about poor thais, as if you had some special knowledge about those... Your ignorance shown to this guy tells it all.

Poor ppl doesn't need your "simple bad press" just because there's ppl in existance that are more poor. This guy seems to me to be one who rather bend his pride than to steal, mug or bother anyone really - and he's on his knees begging from english-speaking thais/farrangs fortunate enough to ride the skytrain. BTW: Intoxicated or not - he might just be dozed by the heavy smog ;o)

You are IMHO talking out of your @rse. The days are over when you just went to the embassy or consulate and had a free trip home, dude. The begging guy doesn't seem to be too bright, thus almost demanding anyones pity. For one: he too think he could just go to the dutch embassy and get a free ride home - only if not that they then would find out, that he actually should have been in Holland the last whole year looking for work - and second: the poor guy sees no problem whatsoever in admitting it all ON TAPE ment for YouTube. With all those selfappointed police-informers, like in here, then he'll probably get in serious legal trouble upon his return to Holland. Justice served, I'm sure those prick$ would say.

Listen up and think for once; straight all right narrow-path following individuals DONT NEED ANY COMPASSION... It's the somewhat crooked guys who are in the gutter that does.

//Loke

Hi loke my newbie freind, the guy were all talking about isnt you by any chance??? :o

//Loke

You are wide of the mark on a few points.

This guy seems to me to be one who rather bend his pride than to steal

But that is precisely what he is doing. As has been pointed out, he passed the point a long time ago when he would have had enough money to go home. Yet he still asks for more under the pretext of needing money to go home. This is taking money under false pretenses, which is the same as stealing.

The days are over when you just went to the embassy or consulate and had a free trip home

Almost every western Embassy has a form available to its citizens which they may sign which gives them a temporary loan for their ticket and a small amount for maintenance. Even America -- which does perhaps the least of any Western government on behalf of its citizens overseas -- offers this emergency service. (It's US Department of State form DS-3072 "Emergency Loan Application and Evacuation Document".)

Writing a complaint to immigration will have ZERO affect on how Thais view farangs in their country. That's just plain mean-spirited and unneccessary. You act like we're saving the world, Tweez. ACT. What are you on about? It's not like we're donating money to a charity, why should we act on your silly opinion? You are just like the beggar but begging for a different thing. Perhaps you're jealous of his begging income. Whatever his story, just have some mercy and let it be. You don't need to get involved. If he ends up getting harrassed enough by police he may quit. He may not even be here anymore. That was months ago.

Anyways, seen him in Silom now, just 4,000b short of money.

Yes, saying he could easily go to the embassy to ask for a ticket home is cool, but what if he doesn't want to be seen by his embassy? Who knows what record he has back home.

Having been in Asia for 9+ years, studying and working, I know what hard work we have to put into to life the live we want here. So, seeing a farang nearby my office, when I get out of work is not really a pity sight considering I just had a 10 hr full-throttle workday behind me, and he's just sittin there earning his money for doing nothing. BUT I think it is definitely NOT good to make those kind of complaints to the immigrations or to judge his actions. As mentioned in previous posts. Do you really think he wants to beg? I mean you think that when he wakes up and thinks about his upcoming day, he feels comfortable and happy? Who knows the reason why he's sitting there. I don't have pity for him, but I also wouldn't disgrace him and judge him on zero basis.

Society is so uptight these days. Sick!

Edited by dude

Unfortunately the photo of the guy isn't in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversion/...php/t61241.html

the thread, but I'm 100% sure it is the same guy.

Yes he is the guy in bkkmadness's VID

(good job ..Bkkmadness)

I met him a year ago and pretty surpriseed that he have been "working" as a beggar so long.

I think he can fly around the world with his salary ..lol

I have not seen the man being discussed in this thread personally I do not agree with begging but as a last resort. But agree or disagree we all have on thing that we can do let your money do your talking if you fell that it is a worth case be it Thai or foreigner then make your own choice as to if you donate or not.

I do not give to many beggars as from what I have seen it is a way to not have some one looking over your shoulder and giving you fits when there is a problem at work or with your work..

Let your money do your talking!

I am not good at posting so if this gets posted two time please give me a chance.

That's a wrong attitude because all it does is cause people to disable children so they can earn more money on the streets. This happens in Thailand and is common in even poorer countries like India.

Never give money to beggars, buy them some food. Sometimes they refuse the food, that should tell you something.

I'd go so far to say that giving money to beggars in this country is irresponsible given that children and babies are often used to increase earnings.

Try to think about where that money goes and what it is used for.

Many Thai children on the street begging or selling flowers at the red lights are controlled by maffia. All the money they earn from begging or selling flowers go staright to these maffia's pocket at the end of the day. If they cannot make certain amount of money in a day...they got beaten or torture. You would be able to see these scene on the street around Klong Toey at night, where a couple of guys pickup the begger kid and search every part of his/her body to see if they're hidding any money.

Around 20 years ago in Thailand...many poor thai children were kidnap by these maffia and got their tongue, leg or hand cutoff then put them onto the streets for begging. I cannot remember which year, but it was pretty long ago on Thai newspaper about a lady walking on the walkway around Klong Toey and saw a kid who she believed was her son. She took police to the scene and brought him to check the DNA, then found out the kid was her son. The kid's tongue and hands were cutoff.

So what i'm trying to say is actually nothing to do with this Dutch guy. But, if you are about to give some money to little beggars on the street...you know where your money going to.

Like bkkmadness said..give them food be better for them.

Also regarding the begging scammers, there are not only farang doing these scams. Thais also has the same thing.

I've seen a blind guy on the street begging during the day, I gave him some money because he was playing some kindda Thai instrument and when I was walking back home after work...I saw him took of his MIB shade and walk away. He saw me and laugh...piss me right off.