TM30 question

1 hour ago, phungo said:

Who files the TM30? My cousin or the landlord?

Depends on the office they report to. The landlord is definitely responsible, and your  cousin could also be if the office consider him the Possessor of the property.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

Depends on the office they report to. The landlord is definitely responsible, and your  cousin could also be if the office consider him the Possessor of the property.

Do you think it would be sufficient if my cousin does it? So that the landlord can avoid the hassle?

3 hours ago, phungo said:

Do you think it would be sufficient if my cousin does it? So that the landlord can avoid the hassle?

I can’t give you a definitive answer. It really depends on the office. My answer would be yes to comply with the ambiguous law, and he could try if the landlord doesn’t want to play ball.

But some immigration offices may insist the owner completes the TM.30 or at the very least supply their ID and Tabian Baan (house registration).

16 hours ago, jackdd said:

One of them

Or you.

3 hours ago, phungo said:

Are there not enough TM posts recently to make it understandable, to you, that without much more information about your situation nobody can give you a real answer? You need to contact your LOCAL IMMIGRATION office.

Perhaps you could get a Thailand Elite Visa, travel out of Thailand at least every 89 days and you would have no reason to visit an immigration office. Then, unless Immigration comes knocking on doors you would have no reason to lodge a TM30. You can't be arrested for not having a TM30 receipt stapled in your passport if stopped by Police. Or you could just say stuff it like some member have and just pay the fine every time you have to go to immigtration and take the other risks involved in this.