Non O Muilt based on marraige - Savannakhet

I'm planning booking up soon for my annual pilgrimage to Savannakhet for my Non-O Multi Entry based upon marriage. I'm just checking in advance that there have been no changes to the standard Marriage cert + signed copy, House book + signed copy, Wife's ID + signed copy and my PP + signed copy and photos? Thanks

No change.

But one member did recently report having to show a bank statement. I'd recommend you have  access to a bank account with a balance of at least 20K THB so that you can print a statement if needed.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

No change.

But one member did recently report having to show a bank statement. I'd recommend you have  access to a bank account with a balance of at least 20K THB so that you can print a statement if needed.

I will update and take my bank book or a statement in case. I've seen people being asked when requesting a holiday visa but never a Non O.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

No change.

Never in my many years of getting NON 0 visa based on marriage was I ever asked for or have read anywhere about anyone being asked for bank statements in Savannakhet. Some have mistaken a METV for a non o when replying to threads which of course then gets picked up as fact!

Apart from of course you mention it whenever possible.

Can you link the said post recently! Please thank you.

• Like 2

I assume you don't need to take your wife's original house book and ID card, just signed copies? The OP sounds like you do:

"Marriage cert + signed copy, House book + signed copy, Wife's ID + signed copy and my PP + signed copy and photos?"

Can someone clarify as I go at the end of this month.

11 minutes ago, ally3220 said:

I assume you don't need to take your wife's original house book and ID card, just signed copies? The OP sounds like you do:

"Marriage cert + signed copy, House book + signed copy, Wife's ID + signed copy and my PP + signed copy and photos?"

Can someone clarify as I go at the end of this month.

Yes, just copies.

The only original required is the marriage certificate.

21 hours ago, baneko said:

Good Idea. The last few years I arrive Monday afternoon and go around 9-10am on the Tuesday. Usually 5-10 people waiting. I am in no rush and enjoy a couple of days in sleepy Savannakhet and Mukdahan.

Ever been to the "Penguin restaurant" for a great breakfast, steak, or pizza? There's a gigantic penguin in front of it. Cafe Chez. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g811038-d3970903-r349672146-Restaurant_Cafe_Chez_Boune-Savannakhet_Savannakhet_Province.html#photos;geo=811038&detail=3970903&aggregationId=101

Edited by Isaanbiker
Oops! Forgot the good cold beer Lao there!

12 minutes ago, atyclb said:

a question. must wife own the house or her name simply be connected with the house assuming her mom/dad own the house ?  thanks

No need to be the owner of the house. Just registered in the house book is okay.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, james512 said:

i was there last Tuesday (6th Aug) for a Multi O Visa.  No bank statements required, only documents as specified in the OP and 5,000bht.

Went on a Tuesday morning, I estimate around 20 people there before the gate opened, i waited in in the restaurant across the road until at least half were processed.  When i joined the queue, it was less than 10 minutes wait.  My paperwork and copies were in order so my time at the window was about a minute.  Picking up my passport on Wednesday was also fast, just a few minutes after the gate opened.

No problems at all.

I did exactly the same thing last Thursday and picked up my passport on Friday. You may have noticed the opening hours are not what it says on the sign at the front of the consulate. The gate opened at 9am on the Thursday for applications and 2pm on the Friday to pick up the passport/visa.

A couple of vans turned up along with a bunch of other people as well, probably 150 or so at a guess (I got given number 15). I was out of there by 9:30 am on the Thursday and 2:15 on the Friday.

We (wife an I) also enjoyed breakfast and lunch at Pilgrim's café. Stayed at a small place near the river and night market so it cost a bit more for tuk tuks but we sort of had a small holiday at the same time.

Travel costs were about 800 baht in petrol from the Surin area and about a 51/2  hour drive each way, stopping for food, drink and toilet breaks.

Quite a nice three days - got there on Wednesday afternoon to pick up the application form.

Also the first time ever, in dozens of trips to Thailand, that my  bag was checked by customs.

Edited by emptypockets