Renewal extension based on Thai Wife

I have an extension of vise based on being married to Thai Wife, it was issued in Phetchabun and I do not have to do border runs. It expires on the 26th November. I want to extend my stay based on multi O at Savannaket  (5000 baht) and understand that I will have to do 90 day border runs. Can I leave the country and do the renewal 30 days before my current extension expires.

Thanks in advance.

Applying for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage will not extend you current stay.

Your current extension will end on the day you leave the country to apply for the non-o visa. Then after getting the visa you will get a new 90 day entry.

To get the most out of your current extension you could leave the country during the last few days of it.

Thanks very much ubonjoe for your prompt reply.

I will probably go earlier as I plan to go over with a friend who needs to renew his extension earlier.

Does that mean I can leave the country at any time before my current extension expires and the 30 days before does not apply. When I apply for the new non o visa  I will get a new 90 day extension that I can extend for 90 days by doing border runs over the next 12 months.

31 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Does that mean I can leave the country at any time before my current extension expires and the 30 days before does not apply. When I apply for the new non o visa  I will get a new 90 day extension that I can extend for 90 days by doing border runs over the next 12 months.

You can leave the country at anytime you want up to the last day of your extension of stay.

You get new 90 day permits to stay every time you enter the country. They are not extensions of stay.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 2:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can leave the country at anytime you want up to the last day of your extension of stay.

You get new 90 day permits to stay every time you enter the country. They are not extensions of stay.

for clarification ........... with this visa  u get 90 days not 60 plus 30 like tr visa ..and the one is non o multi entry for 5000 thb   

if this is correct then can i get the same with single entry 90 day thai wife for less ? 

thaanks