Activating a Lower Version of W10 to W 10 Pro

Isaanbiker

#For Upgrade

- If your existing OS is Win 10 HOME, or a single language version you can't just upgrade to W 10 Pro, even with a genuine key. But there's an easy solution. 

1. Go into airplane mode or disconnect from the internet

2. Change the key to

X3W8N-3WQCV-2MXDF-K77MK-7XMP6 (windows 10 Pro default key)

This will upgrade to Win 10 Pro, without activating it. All you need to do then is to insert od W 10 Pro activation key. 

3. After upgrade, connect internet and enter your genuine activation key from ebay for a few baht. 

It could save you a lot of time than starting over from scratch. Of course only if your OS and machine runs well. 

Not sure why you need to use the generic/default W10 pro key. If you have a W10 pro license just go to settings\update & security\activation. (Also depends if it is digital or product key)

1100212921_changeactivation.jpg.426100a442a22e46fa0229c84234fc50.jpg

I'm not sure how it works with OEM installs. More info from MS below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro 

Also, if going by the instructions in your post, I'm not sure how W10 can upgrade if you don't have installation media and are disconnected from the internet?

3. After upgrade, connect internet and enter your genuine activation key from ebay for a few baht. 

And just as an extra, the default keys for W10 1903 are:

Windows 10 1903 Generic Install Keys

Windows 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

Windows 10 Home N: 4CPRK-NM3K3-X6XXQ-RXX86-WXCHW

Windows 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Windows 10 Pro N: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT

image.gif

I updated from Single Language Home to Pro a few years ago...I just entered the Pro key in the new product key menu like in the image above (key bought off Ebay for a few dollars)....and it updated to Pro...was activated.

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Not sure why you need to use the generic/default W10 pro key. If you have a W10 pro license just go to settings\update & security\activation. (Also depends if it is digital or product key)

1100212921_changeactivation.jpg.426100a442a22e46fa0229c84234fc50.jpg

I'm not sure how it works with OEM installs. More info from MS below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro 

Also, if going by the instructions in your post, I'm not sure how W10 can upgrade if you don't have installation media and are disconnected from the internet?

And just as an extra, the default keys for W10 1903 are:

Windows 10 1903 Generic Install Keys

Windows 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

Windows 10 Home N: 4CPRK-NM3K3-X6XXQ-RXX86-WXCHW

Windows 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Windows 10 Pro N: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT

image.gif

Thanks a  lot for your great post. I've had this issue with a single language version of W 10. Of course do you have to be online to download the upgraded version Pro.

This particular version did not have the opportunity to just insert a W 10 Pro key and do the update.

I think it's for OEM installations, because such a license is usually tied to a particular device. The retail key seems to work on any machine. 

And I've read that some home users had experienced the same problem that they first had to insert this W 10 pro key from MS, then download the updates and then install it.

Sorry, for any confusion i might have caused. In addition was also an extraordinary activation that seem to be fully legit, by creating a text document, then naming it click... and running a CMD file/command as administrator.

i was surprised that it worked, but will not post the details here. 

I'm not sure how legal that is, but I've tried it and it works. Also for MS Office 2016 and 2019 products. 

Archived