Immigration announce arrests of Syrian and Finnish nationals at Suvarnabhumi Airport

rooster59

Immigration announce arrests of Syrian and Finnish nationals at Suvarnabhumi Airport

ซีเรีย.jpg

The Immmigration Bureau have announced details of two cases involving foreigners arrested in Thailand. 

The first case involved a Syrian man who was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport on 1 August in possession of a fake UAE passport.

The man allegedly told officers that he paid 1,500 USD for the passport to be mailed to his address in the Lebanon.

He used the passport to travel to Thailand where he planned to stay until 8 August. He was then going to travel to the UK where he planned to claim asylum, INN reported. 

He was also found in possession of a flight ticket from London to Munich. 

ฟินแลนด์.jpg

The second case involved a Finnish national wanted for assaulting a woman in Chonburi province.

He was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport on 22 August as he attempted to flee the country.

Police said they received information at 6pm the wanted man may attempt to flee and just three hours later officers had the man in custody.

His quick arrest was made possible by joint work from Immigration Police, Tourist Police and Suvarnabhumi officials, who form part of the ‘Immgiration Home Team’ which is assigned to track foreign suspects who may try and flee the country.

Source: INN News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-01
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

quote:-

"found in possession of a flight ticket from London to Munich"

I suggest he may have been trying to seek asylum in Germany! 

One more in Germany would not have mattered. Yet Munich airport is not a welcoming place for such people.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Just imagine how many more police they could have on the streets if they cut the 'perp board' allowance

On the other hand a decent proof reader might have spotted "Muchen".  I lived in Germany for some years and have never heard of it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

quote:-

"found in possession of a flight ticket from London to Munich"

I suggest he may have been trying to seek asylum in Germany! 

Arrives in UK, if hadn't been nabbed here, thinking he can show he's going to Munich and then disappears in UK and when/if caught later starts the claim to stay and the stupid UK will supply a lawyer

( free ) to fight his case.

Edited by overherebc

7 hours ago, losername said:

On the other hand a decent proof reader might have spotted "Muchen".  I lived in Germany for some years and have never heard of it.

Proof reading, facts, real information is for real news outlets, not available in Thailand. 

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Arrives in UK, if hadn't been nabbed here, thinking he can show he's going to Munich and then disappears in UK and when/if caught later starts the claim to stay and the stupid UK will supply a lawyer

( free ) to fight his case.

Don't worry, Germany is a magnet for Syrian migrants. 

When I see pics on TV what is left of Syrian towns I would also leave.

3 hours is quite efficient. The police did a good job, so it seems that TM30 is necessary to nab foreigners.

Hitting a Thai woman is a no-no and he will be banned from entering Thai for xx years.

Edited by EricTh